Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 9 November 2008

My first layout!

Thought I'd start at the beginning....when I came to put Angel's Pennies back in the album I looked through & thought why not show my first LO & start from there. Sentiments & poems feature heavily in my albums as I wish to convey messages to future family generations who come to look at the ramblings of an Elizabethan housewife!



I used scraps of some of my favourite papers of that time.
Hope you like. Thank You for taking the time to look. :)

The poem (authur unknown) reads.... I've made a quilt of memories, To keep my family warm, Through breezy springtime afternoons or in a winter storm....Memories keep us company, When friends cannot be near, So my quilt is made of photographs of all our loved ones dear...Within you'll see the fabric, of our lives from day to day...They're pieced together carefully, And stitched with love & care...So you'll be warmed from inside out, And feel that you were there...Quilts and minds get worn with time, The thoughts and colours fade...The names and dates get lost among, The schedules that we've laid...But you can wrap within my quilt, Whenever you are cold...And reminisce of favourite times, Among the days of old. G B started January2008...but 18 years in the making.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely LO Gez..which will be treasured in years to come hon X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous page. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx