Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 19 December 2008

Blogging Without Obligation...Just what I needed to see!



For the first time in days I managed to visit my Blog. Which is strange because I come here on a regular basis. But I've been under the weather for 4 1/2 weeks now. I'm on my 2nd lot of antibiotics & asthma inhaler with a temperature of 102 for the 2nd day running.

I was feeling awful because I have missed various challenges & I was beginning to feel really guilty. You know the feeling when it hurts to even brush your hair or clean your teeth. Thats where I'm at..... & there were tears at tea time because something very minor happened but it was enough to tip the scales & here I am...

I am lucky enough to be a member of the Fiskarettes blog & I have been admiring some lovely work on there and you know how one thing leads to another, Well... I came across the Wonderful Paper Girls blog after a kind comment left on my blog by Chriss. Her work is truly inspiring. :)

I found the above blog button on their blog & clicked on it to find out more. Wow, what an eye opener...this was exactly what I was feeling like, guilty for missing challenges & not blogging. (My crafty blog counter has dropped from 237 to goodness knows what?? daren't look!!) think it's time to scrap it. It's actually beginning to stress me out as well.

I like the line on the Blogging Without Obligation button which says...'Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog'. ...and this is a line which struck a cord and took my guilt away.

I hope by posting this post it will be helpful to others who might be starting to feel how I was feeling...Good Luck & I wish everyone a peaceful, restful Christmas. xxx

xx

4 comments:

  1. Hello Gez,

    Sorry to hear you are under the weather and hope you pick up in time for Christmas.

    I know what you mean re the blogging without obligation button as I too was giving myself a hard time for not blogging but life gets in the way sometimes it happens ...now I give myself permission NOT to feel guilty.... we are not machines and even if we were machines break down sometimes.

    thank you for the lovely post about The Papergirls blog.

    and thank you for your lovely email which I hope to get answered soon...some to catch up on.

    leaving you with this thought x

    May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,

    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.

    May your puddings be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,

    And may your Christmas dinner
    Stay off your thighs!

    Happy Christmas

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gez!

    So awful to feel totally poo at this time of year, isn't it? I've not been well but unlike you, I've only been feeling this awful for a week now.

    Sending you some cyber healing hugs that you feel better really soon.

    Do not ever feel guilty about not blogging/taking part in challenges etc. Life comes first and everything else always take a back seat. Blog when you can, participate when you can, but most of all only do it when YOU want to!

    Christmas wishes to you and yours,

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gez don't feel guilty about not having the time or energy to blog it's something we all do because we enjoy it not because we have to. You have a family who must come first and I know you and your little one have not been well for a while now.
    I hope the award I have left for you on my blog will help you feel better. There's no pressure to do anything with it until you feel up to it.
    take care, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe sweetie, thinking of you loads XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx