Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Gifts from Hawaii.

Late afternoon on Christmas Eve I had to go & collect a parcel from the Post Office, assuming it was something for Christmas for someone I had the surprise of my life to discover it was actually a parcel for ME...all the way from Hawaii.

I have been feeling so poorly for so long... imagine my surprise!! I can't thank Rleen enough, she is truly a very special person indeed. Her creative talents are boundless & I always feel so happy when I've been to visit her Blog.
I didn't open my pizza box from paradise straight away, instead it was put under the Christmas tree with the family presents & on Christmas morning I was given it by my daughter who had a big grin on her face when she passed it to me...still I didn't open it. The room was noisy, the boys were busy opening presents & so I put my parcel somewhere safe until later. When the children were tucked up in bed at the end of the day & I had time to reflect how we had spent the day. The first Christmas without my Mum I was overhelmed & then I remembered my parcel from Rleen. The time was right...Thank You Rleen from the bottom of my heart for your kindness. I am so looking forward to pinning up your calendar so I can enjoy my 'little' piece of paradise EVERY day & whenever I am feeling sad or down I can remember just how lucky I was in 2008 to find such a lovely dear friend at the other side of the world. Mahalo nui loa Rleen. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh Gez! What a wonderful gift!

    You brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eyes with your post.

    Take care hunny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thoughtful gift for you Gez.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a lovely gift, so glad it helped you feel a bit better on Christmas Day too! May 2009 bring you nothing you can't handle - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez,
    You are so welcome my dear. I'm so glad that it arrived there on time and you like them. I could imagine how you felt :) I'm so glad to meet you online, but who knows we meet in person later. Maybe you can come to visit Hawaii or I'll come and visit your place one day and we meet :)

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx