Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Art Journal Journey

Week 18.....Nature.



I love to use Basic Grey (if I can) & I managed a little piece here on one side. It is going to have a photograph of my blossom tree when it comes into full bloom in the spring. I can't wait! My tree is so precious to me. It the last gift I ever received from my Mum. :o) & a surprise as I never expected to ever own one! We live near a lot of cherry blossom trees & it is wonderful to walk through the trees when they are in full bloom as they are fully grown, mature trees.

I got married in the spring & outside the church entrance are cherry blossom trees on either side of the door. The week before we got married there was heavy rain storm & lots of wind & not a speck of pink blossom in sight on our Wedding Day... Unbelievable!!!!!
Side two of my card I have kept it simple with a lovely little quote which I love. I have used Bazzill card & a simple tree stamp & dots of pink stickles for the blossom.
I hope one day far in the future my kids will enjoy looking through my Art Journal & enjoy the moments that I have captured of things that are important to me.
(will have to replace side 2 photo, sorry it is blurred, don't know why I referred to my tree as...her???) LOL

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Gez! So pretty! love that tree stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you have a beautiful tree to remember your Mum by Gez. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx