Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 24 January 2009

Art Journal Journey

Week 22. What would you like to learn...



I would love to learn inking, stamping, distressing techniques but I don't know where to start! It is all bemusing but I love it & I am fascinated by it. There just seem to be so many products out there its knowing where to start. :) I used some purple shimmery paper, inked the edges with white ink but it didn't take so I smudged it in (& I was really pleased with it!!) so I re-inked the edges with a purple ink & doodled with my new lovely white pen. :)


Side 2. The background paper is the sort of effects I am wanting to learn how to create. IYSWIM. Perhaps, there is a name for this type of art? & I've somehow missed it. I find in stamping magazines they 'assume' you already know a lot because most of the instructions presume you know some of the steps they are asking you to do?

1 comment:

  1. I'd call that a grungy collage effect but I have no idea whether it has a "proper" name! Love what you did with this one,. Have you seen the Stamping 101 thread at BF? Lots of info about ink types etc there - ask if you think we can help with anything :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx