Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 5 January 2009

Family Tree Photo Holder ~ Altered Peg!!

Happy New Year Everyone! XXX
Hope this year is a successful, healthy one for you.

I've still got my sore throat, 7 weeks on! But I'm trying to get back in the swing of things & doing a little crafting when time allows. :)

I got a parcel through the post on Saturday & couldn't wait to get started on the giant peg that came!! Oh, what an exciting life I lead!!!!!
I've taken photos from different angles so that you can get a better idea. Things never photograph well this time of year.

I've called it my......Family Tree Photo Holder & it's a little present to myself!


Firstly, I painted the peg with Tim Holtz Dabber in Expresso. The wood from the peg still shows through in good light. I drew free hand on some chipboard, covered it in Basic Grey paper, inked, glued & stitched the flowers & the bird on the front & decorated the trunk in with some gorgeous beads I received in a goody bag.
Thank You for looking today. :)

11 comments:

  1. Well I like it Gez. Great idea and you managed to get trees and birds onto it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel idea Gez. I love the colours you've used.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - and lovely to do something just for you. Hope that throat eases very soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that gez :) well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it , love it, love it!!!X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thats fab Gez, I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab project Gez, what a great idea to turn the peg into a tree and you can change the photo whenever the mood suits - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gez, this is fabulous! What a great idea I love it! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx