Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 16 January 2009

Rosie~Dee's Challenge

Week 17. Rosie's Challenge.
Rosie & Dee have asked us to share our floral side with them this week. They asked ..... would like you to show us your flowers. It's easy to go and buy our flowers for cards or scrapbooking, but we'd like you to have a go at making one. It doesn't have to be diffcult or even time consuming. What will be your material of choice?



I really enjoyed this challenge & it made me investigate something I saw last year on Bubbly Funk's articles. It was a flower made by Kathy Black. This is my interpretation.
I have used Basic Grey sugared papers, a large pink brad , glossy accents & some dark pink micro beads.
First of all I punched out 10 circles of patterned paper, cut round the edges with fancy edge scissors & inked with peony versa ink. Kathy then shows how to roll the circles around something like a pen so that they curve slightly. I stuck them all to a small square of card to make them stable & then made a hole & added the brad. I covered the brad with glossy accents & then sprinkled the brad with the mirco beads & left it over night to dry.
You can see more details of how to make Kathy's flowers on the Bubbly Funk shop website under articles.
Thank you for looking & Thank you Rosie & Deanne for a great challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Gez, I love that flower. Zooming into the detail shows how much detail the micro beads add to the brad.

    The finished card is just lovely!!!!

    Thanks for taking part. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this flower is gorgeous and the card could even pass for a valentine card.
    thanks for the close ups that paper looks like fabric.

    tfs

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Gez, I love your flower and Chriss is right...the paper does look like fabric X

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous flower honey it really works the card doesnt it. Love it, thanks so much for joining in again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh it's lovely Gez - great that you remembered and used that article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab flower Gez! The micro beads look great and I like the extra detail of the wibbly scissors for the petal edges - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that is so pretty Gez! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gez, I love the beautiful flower. Fabulous card. You did an awesome job! Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx