Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

25th Club!

It's that time again!
I committed myself to making 2 Christmas cards on the 25th of each month over on the Bubbly Funk forum thinking that it won't be such a rush come December. I had great fun making these cards.

I am feeling very under the weather at the moment. After suffering my first migraine attack this week & having camera's shooved up my nose & down my throat at the local ENT unit. I think I am in need of some TLC or some retail therapy!!

I have designed my two Christmas cards using sketch 2009 #1: simple square from Kathy's sketch file.

I used pearly white bazill cardstock as my base & Basic Grey papers Wassail & Figgy. I cut out 1" squares (it takes ages getting the squares cut all the same.....I really do need to buy a punch!!) & inked & doodled the edges. I painted a chipboard snowflake with metallic Adirondack pearl dabber. I didn't brush the paint smooth but left it 'dabbed' on for texture.
The first one has a Basic Grey background.
The 2nd one has a Core'dinations card background.

On the 2nd card I used core'dinations card for a different finish. They both look nice IRL but I think I prefer the first one. :)

Thank you for looking today. xx

10 comments:

  1. Awe they are both lovely Gez. But , like you, I prefer the red of the first one. Take it easy sweetie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea making 2 xmas cards a month, that is just about managable. Gorgeous cards, really like the chipboard snowflake. Soz you are unwell, I will pm you as I had a similar attack with blotches in front of my eyes. not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Gez, I like them both.

    Take care hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely cards, Gez - it's such a good sketch, isn't it? Hope you begin to feel better. Sending you hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Gez, well done for managing them when you're under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gex, I do hope you're soon feeling better - you've been having such a rotten time of it lately. Glad to see the cardmaking isn't suffering though - these are fab cards - I love the coloured background they make the whole card look so different to my boring white backgrounds! Those papers work soooo well on these cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Gez. I wouldn't like to choose between them they are both lovely.

    Like the painted snowflakes. I might have to invest in some of the metalic dabbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gez. Hope you don't become a frequent migraine sufferer!

    Love both the cards, but the first does have the edge somehow. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gez, your cards are stunning! I love them both. TFS!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx