Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Rosie~Dee's challenge

Week 22 - Deanne's Challenge with RAK

This week I would like you to use a coaster or beer mat (or a chipboard of that shape if you don't have those to hand) these are also so versatile for use on cards, layouts and altering them.
This week I'm offering up a little RAK to get you started so you can make your own, Rosie and I will pick the winner next week for the best interpretation on the challenge and let you know the winner next week.

Last minute minnie....that's me!!
My mojo has been walkabout just lately.........sorry for being AWOL Rosie & Dee these last few weeks.
However, I have been enjoying taking part in the Inchy by Inch challenges for the last 4 weeks now & have been sticking them on the fridge door but it's certainly not ideal & they need a more permanent place to live.

I made something earlier on in the week for Rosie~Dee's challenge but it didn't work out! & last night the penny dropped!!
A while ago Rosie ran some blank beer mats through her BIA for me. :D and I decided to use some of them to make a little book for my inchies.

Firstly, I used a Ranger's Dabber in Aqua around the mats & edged them with a gold leaf Krylon pen. I covered the mats with Basic Grey Figgy papers & doodled around the edges.
On the front cover I added some lace & Prima flowers. I added a title & had a go at inking & distressing the edges.
As a Valentine's gift last weekend, my very kind DH downloaded the new Holly & Madison collection from Charmed Crafts. Holly at work is a gorgeous download image created by the very talented Louise Brigden.
I have been itching to try some downloads from Charmed Crafts for a couple of months now and took the plunge after Louise told me how easy it is to alter the sizes to whatever size I needed.
I mounted Holly at work onto foam pads so she is raised off the front cover slightly. I am so pleased with how my little book turned out.
Thank you for looking.

14 comments:

  1. Fabbaroony mini book Gez. Great place to store those little inchies!

    Thanks for taking part this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a great idea Gez! LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great little book gez :).......off to look at chamed crafts now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Gez - superb for the challenge. Also love your tag for the challenge of swirls and circles (still got these challenges on my never-ending list!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool book Gez. Mine are just sitting on the mantelpiece along with my little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea Gez and it looks brilliant, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooo thats a brilliant little book Gez XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet littl book, always wanted to try inchies. thx for the link too.
    making mini albums
    mini album blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just so cute Gez, fab stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gez, I hope you love your Downloads as much as I do! The freebie challenge has now been launched over on Dottie's world!

    Lovely to have you joining in!

    Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That front cover is so pretty Gez and a lovely way to store your inchies.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is great Gez (sorry for the late reply my computers had problems)
    thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful mini book. I love the colors and the beautiful image. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx