Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Thursday, 12 March 2009

Daring Card Makers Challenge

It's a patchy one!

I want you to be inspired by patchwork and make a patchwork looking card. Great chance to use up scraps of off cuts - or buy some new papers if needs be! Any theme as long as it is patchwork inspired.


I am a real last minute minnie this week but I really wanted to make a card for the challenge. I just love patchwork designs. It gave me a chance to use my new inchie punch. Should make life a bit easier now. I made patchwork Christmas cards & it took a couple of nights just cutting out the squares. hehe!!!

I used Sultry Basic Grey paper. I have hand stitched around each square using DMC silver metallic thread & a little distressing. I have used one of the new Papermania stamps for the centre image.

I have used a sketch from Kathy's Sketch file. There are some brilliant sketches to try out so way not have a look when you get chance. Just remember to link back to Kathy's blog if you are using a sketch. Thanks.

Thanks for looking. xx

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, those papers are perfect for a patchwork kind of look - fab card Gez! I guess we can expect 1" squares to crop up in all kinds of exciting ways now, can we? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sooo good Gez - I love the papers and the colours, and adding the squares onto the extra background piece really adds a lot of extra texture and dimension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fantastic Gez. The colours are fab, the stitching give it that tiny little bit of bling. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez, thank you so much for the sweet comments you left in my blog. Much appreciated.

    Your card is stunning. I love the patchwork and all the papers that you used. You did a fabulous job! TFS!

    hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Gez, yes the little inchy squares are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Gez - hand stitched too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the colours,great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Gez, you use colours in such a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Gez and especially the patchwork look. Works really well. Love the papers you've chosen too. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx