Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Daring Card Makers Challenge

Ready, Steady, Cook!

Hello and welcome to another Daring Cardmakers' Friday, I hope you're ready to play!It's Kathy here this week to set the new challenge. So, what's this week's dare all about?Here in the UK there's a TV programme that's been going for years. A couple of viewers are invited to bring a bag of cookery ingredients to the studio and two top chefs have to make a meal using the contents of those bags - they don't know what will be in the bags beforehand.So this dare is my take on that theme - I'll tell you the ingredients you have to use, then all you have to do is make the card.

Here are your ingredients:
3 different papers
At least one piece of chipboard
At least 1 button
At least 1 piece of ribbon
optional: 1 extra item/element of your choice

That's about it, all you need to do now is sort out your bits of stash and make up your card - you're allowed to use whatever paints, pens and inks you like, but otherwise you must stick to the ingredients in the list.




I had soooo much fun making this card. I decided to make a birthday card as I need to make a few & thought using the challenge would help me make a start. I have also used one of Kathy's sketches. Why not pop over & pay Kathy's sketch file a visit. You won't be dissappointed. Just remember if you decide to use one of Kathy's sketches it's polite to let her know. :)

Right down to business with my check list.....

3 different papers..........tick! I have used 3 Cupcake Basic Grey papers.
1 piece chipboard...........tick! hope this counts as my cupcake was in 2 sections.
1 or more buttons..........tick! 1 green button
1 or more ribbons..........tick! off a local market stall. A real bargin.
1 extra item of choice....tick! well.....I wasn't sure if my sentiment counted as an 'extra' I hope not as I am going to say the chipboard cherry is my extra. :O)

My chippie was from Bubbly Funk.

Thank you for looking today. I'd love to know what you think of my card. Have a lovely day. Gez. xx

17 comments:

  1. Hiya Gez

    Wow you've been busy - love the card, might do some crafting later and you've inspired me to have a go at this...

    Have a great weekend, girlie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gez this is just beautiful. You have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Gez! Love the card, the papers, the lace - everything.
    Works perfectly for the dcm and also for the sketch - thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Gez, love the glossy cherry on top of the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Gez, your ticking off the recipe has made me realise that I failed the challenge as I used two pieces of chipboard that are not made to be together. I absolutely love your card though! the lace is the perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cake looks so yumyyyy :) I love the design and the paper that you used. Gorgeous card as always.

    Gez, thank you so much for the lovely comment you left in my blog. I really appreciate it.

    Have a fantastic weekend to you and your lovely family.

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous - love it all, esp the cherry! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo well done you...this is beautiful...love the lace XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card luv the cake, fabby papers, luv the way you have written your ingrediants out, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super duper yummy, Gez - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Gez
    Sorry I haven't been by in a while but I've just had a lovely catch up with all you've been creating lately and boy you have been busy... think you nicked some of my mojo...lol

    Some stunning creations there girlie and they just keep on coming... love your DCM card...totally gorgeous :D

    Hope you are having a fab weekend hun
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is truly scrumptious Gez!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gez what a fun card! I love how you used cupcake papers for your cupcake card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha!!! Thank you for noticing Louly. :O) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy card, love your cupcake! Colours are so lovely, such an eye-candy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, lovely Gez, that cherry looks good enough and succulent to eat, lol. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx