Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 21 March 2009

Daring Card Makers Challenge

This week it is me, Tracie, who will be setting the dare for you - I want the focus of your cards to be the girls. It can be any style, any theme, and any recipient - as long as she is female.Can't wait to see all your cards.

This is the first year I can't send a Mother's Day card but I had a light bulb moment last night & decided to make a card for all the lovely Bubbly Funk friends I've made over on the forum & all the wonderful bloggers in Blogland that I love to visit. You have all made this last 12 months easier to bare & I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. XXXX


Thank You Bubblies & Bloggers......
XXXX


I have made my card using K&Co Baily papers, Papermania brads, a flower from a Bubbly Funk kit. DMC thread for hand stitching (I don't feel quite so guilty now not having time to cross stitch) because I'm still getting to use my threads. :o)

I have included one of the gorgeous downloads from Charmed Crafts as my image.

I have inked & distressed the edges. I think I first saw this idea on Di's blog & fell in love with the idea straight away. I think I must be a shabby princess at heart as I just love this style of card so much & cringe when I see my earlier attempts at card making now.
Although I still claim I'm not really a card maker I have really enjoyed making this card. Especially as it was for you guys.

I hope everyone has a really lovely weekend & if you are celebrating tomorrow...enjoy your special day.
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Well thank you very much Gez! It's been a pleasure having you on the forum and in the chat room, your card is beautiful and the distressed edges really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Gez, thanks hun :-) The distressed edges look fab on your cards, I love that style so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a great cardmaker Gez. And what a lovely thought to share it with the Bubblyfunk ladies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Gez - and you ARE a cardmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely card Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful thought, Gez - thank you - and such a lovely card- this has brought tears to my eyes (in a nice way). I've been thinking of you a lot with mother's day coming up tomorrow - please remember that you friends are here for you. And you most definitely are a cardmaker x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gez, you are more than welcome, it's been such fun getting to know you, so thanks for the card. I can't believe you only started making cards recently as you are a natural. This is beautiful.


    Hugs ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the card. You are a wonderful lady and a great chatter. Lots of love from me. x x x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so so much for the card sweetie. You are a lovely person and its a pleasure to be your cyber pal!

    Oh...nearly forgot lol. Its a fab card XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gez, your card is beautiful! I love the cute image and the distressed edges is awesome. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats a lovely card gez,love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab fab card Gez... I love charmed cards downloads they are adorable. Trying to sit on me hands to stop myself from spending so have to wait a while for the new ones :D
    I wish I could see things without thinking I want...I want... I want...lol
    No willpower at all where craftystuff is concerned... just as well I'm a bit better with my diet eh :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you most certainly ARE a cardmaker! Gez this card is simply stunning.♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx