Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 22 March 2009

Mothering Sunday Tribute

Another exploding box! I made this for my mum for Mother's Day last year. I'd only been scrapping for a couple of months & fell in love with this photo album box idea straight away.

I just had to try it out. This is the 2nd box of 4 I made last year. I made one for Valentine's Day for hubby. One for Mother's Day, one for my daughter on her birthday (but some how it got sat on!!!!) & the other for a 70th Birthday present.




I really like to add a removable snowglove to the centre of my boxes as they are always a nice surprise. Although in the one for the 70th birthday it had a chocolate orange in it. It was an Egyptian box complete with sealed tomb & cobwebs made on an Indiana Jones theme. I have asked if I can borrow the box to take some photos to blog. I know there is NO chocolate orange left though! looks like the big spider didn't put her off then!!!








I used odd scraps of paper & embellies. I made sure the box was made from thick card. My mum only had her box for less than 2 weeks when she died suddenly. My mum was so proud of it & loved it. I am so pleased I got to make this for her.



My Mum..... &



...Ben & Me...(4 months pregnant)!

August 2006.

Our last photo together
before our lives were turned
upside down forever
tho we had no idea at the time!


Happy days....




In Our Hearts

Author: Unknown


We thought of you today
but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday
and days before that too.
We think of you in silence
now all we have is memories
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake
with which we'll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.

XX

(My mum was taken poorly not long after this photo was taken & was diagnosed with Lymphoma when my baby was 7 weeks old.....life has not been the same since.....My mum bravely battled cancer & died suddenly 3 months into remission 21st March 2008.)

Thank you for looking today. XXX

16 comments:

  1. lovely box gez.
    what a lovely photo,and a nice verse. hugs for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gez, your box is fabulous! Ilove the wonderful verse and the sweet photo.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gez, what a lovely photograph of you, your mum, Ben and the bump. Such a lovely reminder of your mum's beauty and love for you all.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful box for a beautiful lady sweetheart! Thinking of you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you've been in my thoughts - thank you for showing us the beautiful box, the photo and the poem - lots of hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gez that's beautiful!

    I like the snowglove... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really feel for you Gez. Gorgeous box, love the choc orange idea. Great photo of you all

    Sending you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending lots of love to you and your family Gez. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Gez honey I feel so sad for you... it's obvious you loved your Mum so much and miss her terribly.
    ((((HUGE HUGS))))) winging their way to you xx
    Your box is beautiful and I'm sure your Mum will have loved it a lot. I love the idea of putting in a removable snowglobe... what a brilliant idea :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    p.s. thanks so much for all your comments on my blog... I appreciate them so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gez that box is beautiful and what a keepsake and a beautiful photo.
    I shed a tear reading that poem.
    Thank you for sharing your moment with us x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A belated hug for you Gez, and it's so lovely to see you with your mum. Good memories.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You - honestly for all your lovely comments.

    I feel very lucky to have found you all & for helping to ease my pain.

    Love Gez. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated thoughts from me too Gez.

    What a lovely box! You can see how much work went into it, i'm not surprised you mum was chuffed with it.

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photo and verse Gez, lots of love hun...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gez..............I'm so glad that I've been able to get on your blog, if I'd been able to earlier on, I would have commented when you did this post, you know that. I can only say how lovely the exploding box is and so glad your Mum was here for you to give it to her. I can appreciate the pain you are going through, it will ease, but with time. I know what it's like as I lost my Dad in 2005 with this dreadful disease too. Sending loads of hugs and belated ones to you lovely. Thinking of you. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx