Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 27 April 2009

Alphabet Challenge

E is for.......................

encaustic art

Well I did it!!! .......used the tip of my clothes iron....sssh don't tell hubby! ;o) It was very hard work & I wouldn't do it again. My other big problem was.....couldn't I find the waxes!!

My daughter did a 'show & tell' at school & er cough! the iron hasn't worked since & I think the blue wax must have been a popular colour too. Any hoo....I had a good little play last night & came up with quite a few pictures & realised just how much I've missed playing with the waxes so I'm off to ask for a new iron now!

I've used bits & bobs from my craft box & stuck to the twinchie theme again. I've decided my encaustic mini picture looks like a fantasy world theme. Thanks for looking...x

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful hun, amazing what you can do on a twinchie........looks so much bigger! Many thanks for joining in again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Linda about it looking bigger!

    I should have put the international craft size gauge on the photo too? (versa mark ink pad!!!lol) Will do next time...:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Gez! It looks like stalactites or is it mites? I know one goes down and t'other goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost looks like loads of stalagtites in a cave.

    I remember the stalagtites and stalagmites this way... (s'cuse the explanation, I learned it in the playground at school, btw!) If a man's lucky, when the tights come down, he might get up!!!!! HAHAHA.

    Strange how you remember the naughty exlpanations, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lovely thing about encaustic art os that it fires your imagination to see what you can see in the picture. It does look like an underground cave...all very mysterious & beautiful X

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats amazing Gez - really love it....gorgeous colours...and it does look so much bigger xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that is so lovely Gez! Gorgeous colour! It does look like a cave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that looks like stalactites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha, just read Rosie's comments - great minds or is it fools never differ lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! I used my clothes iron too the first time I tried encaustic art! lol! I now have an M & S travel iron which does the trick nicely! Thanks for taking part in the challenge again this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I immediately thought of stalactites, Gez - absolutely fabulous! (and now I've read the other comments and see I'm not alone!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous ..............reminds me of fabric , the one with tiny pleated chiffon and lots of fringing. Love the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i thought of stalagtites too - looks fab - thanks for joining in this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. sssh about the iron. tee hee

    I looks very hard to do I'm sure I would burn myself. lol

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx