Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Bubbly Scrumptious Felt Bird Challenge

If you pop over to Bubbly Funks blog Bubbly Scrumptious & scroll down you will see APRILS CHALLENGE. This month they would love you to make:

A FELT BIRD!

It can be whatever you want and used in any way as long as it is a bird and its made of felt!!! Remember that the materials for your project do not have to come from the Bubbly Funk Shop.
When you are done just email KAREN with a pic of your creation and it will be put on the blog for all to admire. You have until the 1st Sunday of May to complete your challenge.

Here is my entry.

Felt bird...

I've taken a close up then you can see just how I made my bird. It was simply white felt with lots of black stitching around the edges to look like the doodle birds I like to draw. His legs are felt & I admit to just sticking some black felt onto white legs after a couple of hours of stitching I just wanted to get him photographed to show you!


I've wanted to use my felt bird in some way so I've stuck him onto a giant peg frame that I can use to hold photographs & stick on my desk. Thank you for looking.

Why not have a go & take part in the monthly challenge there is still enough time. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Oh that's brilliant Gez, I love him and the whole peg/photo thingammmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funky - love the doodled look translated to stitches, you clever thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely artwork, Gez - such a lot of work in this - gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww he's so cute, Gez! Wow to all that stichery, I'm not sure I's have had the staying power to do all that, but it looks wonderful and I love the peg idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is fantastic Gez! Thanks for taking part...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is great Gez and yes he does look like you have doodled around the edges. I think he is FAB!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo at last I can see him...had trouble with my link etc! He is absolutely superb Gez. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your work is stunning!! xxjoxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a fab felt bird. The stitching is great, must've taken you ages. :) And a great idea with the peg!

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant doodling around the birdie Gez. I love it and the way you've made him seems to give him lots of character (well to me anyway), and not just a 'felt bird'. Brilliant. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx