Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Fiskarette's Challenge ~ Use paint...

Challenge ~ Use paint…by Jayne & Caroline.

This week we challenge you to ‘add paint’ to your project in any way you decide. I’m sure most of you will have paint of some description lying around, you don’t have to be an artist to use it but it is quite therapeutic…

I love paint! I always have & I just love the Ranger's Distress crackle paint. I am always amazed by the results. I had planned altering a little heart shaped box & covering it with my crackle paint in mind when I bought the paint but I think I will have to buy another pot now!!

I came across a long forgotten treasure over the weekend when I was looking for some summery shoes! & it was covered in dust & probably heading for the bin until the other day when I saw the new Fiskarettes challenge & thought ha ha!!!!
Hope you like it. :-)

My rather old forgotten thimble house!
I had to wash it 1st as it was covered in dust!




but where do I keep these now?????

Two willing helpers!!
which wasn't easy to photo as Ben has his school top on!
believe me they both soon got fed up!!
I left the white acrylic paint to dry.
Then gave the edges of the house a coat of Ranger's Distress crackle paint.
When it dried I just had to have a quick try at putting something in!


A close up of the crackle paint!

Even tho I covered the wood with white acrylic it looks like that crackled too.


Another close up shot of the top half of the house. :-)

I added some Prima flowers & stuck them together with silver DMC thread & a button.

I am really pleased with the 3 little flowers at the top of the house.

I found a white/greenish bloom & pushed the 3 little flowers through it.

(might try & add another close up shot of them! & why Blogger has decided to

print what I type in double line space - couldn't find how if I tried!!)

The bottom half of the 'old' thimble house. Another bloom oh!

I nearly forgot to mention my little birdies!

& a piece of ribbon across the bottom which is a shame

because I used my crackle paint on there!

I have seen something similar to this on a fantastic blog which made it

all the trickier to make sure this one looks nothing like it!!!

(It's so easy just to copy someone's idea isn't it)

I've managed that alright as I would never dream of classing my ickle house

in the same league as Calv's Inky Cottage creation.

Thank you for the inspiration Calv.

My altered (painted!) thimble house.

I had so, so much fun decorating this little wooden thimble house which had long since lost it's appeal & lived under my bed until yesterday. The boys enjoyed their contribution too. Why not pop over to visit the Fiskarette's blog. There is always so much going on over there & lots & lots of lovely creations to inspire you.

Thank you for looking at my little painted house today. xx

14 comments:

  1. WOW how fab is that - that crackle paint really sets it off - love the flower effect too....BRILL - so are you going to hang it up somewhere or sit it on your desk?

    FAB Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! Good question Carol. It does have hanging facilities already attached - a string!! lol!
    I'm thinking of giving it to my DD as a thank you present for helping me create my blog header but sssh, don't tell her yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant find under the bed!!! Much better than dirty socks hahahaha! It looks orgeous tarted up, all rustic looking!!! mmmm how come my paint wouldn't crackle this after noon then???? hehe XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez, this is gorgeous! I love the flowers and cute birdies you added. Awesome job. TFS!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous Gez! :) Love the fact that you can fit stamps in there too.

    The crackle paint looks great on it doesn't it. That would make a great gift, not sure if i could part with mine lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fabulous Gez, what a fantastic way to store your ink pads.

    Love all the added bits, the flowers and lace etc, they really finish it off a treat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Gez!!! It's truly fabulousssssss!!!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's brilliant Gez. I love the way the crackle paint has made it look aged and the lovely birds and flowers. Fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic project, love its new purpose and the paint/flowers/birdie look fabulous - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gez that is absolutely beautiful - I love it.
    Glad to see another thimble collector around, I have dozens of the things but only about 6 are on display now. They are the ones with crystals on the top.
    I have some little houses still packed away somewhere but know I couldn't even begin to try and copy what you have done with yours. It's brilliant.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh what a fantastic idea Gez!!!
    Your inks look brill in there... will need to look out for one myself now... eeeh and to think my Mam threw hers in the bin years ago...eeeeek
    Love that the kids gave you a hand to paint... made it a proper family project :D
    All the flowers and your little birdie make it even more gorgeous and the crackle effect is just lovely.
    Well done you :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little thimble house. I had a couple of them, but sold them and the thimbles about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely little house and more useful than for thimbles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this gez, great idea to use the crackle paint x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx