Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 4 April 2009

Fiskarette's Competition ~ Egg Hunt.

Its Competition Time!!
This competition covers March and April so what better subject to base the next competition on than Easter!

Please create a project where you hide an egg within your project - could be a papercraft project, fabric, jewellery, anything you can think of! The subject is ‘Egg Hunt’ and we could all have some fun with the entries too and try and find where the egg is…
Consider perhaps some hidden pockets for your egg, an egg shape disguised….., a pop up egg - your imagination could run riot here and we are certainly looking forward to seeing what you can do.

All Competition entries should be an original creation made specifically for this Competition.
All entries need to be with us by Thursday 9 April 2009.
Voting will take place 10 April - 16 April 2009.
Winner announced 20 April 2009.


Well - having read all that I hope my entry qualifies. Hide an egg within your project....I had a light bulb moment! I do like it when that happens. :)

I seem just too busy to have time to scrap at the moment but need somewhere I can keep some photos that will get taken at Easter. Then I thought mmm if I made a box we could use it for a few years running & look back & revisit old times. So I've made an exploding box altho it's probably not to hard to guess where the egg will be!!!!!


I have used gorgeous K&Co paper which is actually like a heavy weight cardstock. It is lovely & glittery - hope it shows up on the photo's. My lovely yellow ribbon came all the way from my special friend Rleen in Hawaii. Well done Rleen for being offered a place on the Inspirational Blog as a new Team member. XXX



I will put real chocolate eggs inside the box & when they've all been eaten....I've decorated a polystyrene egg which will live inside until next Easter!


I have used Bazzill cardstock inside the box which has a polka pattern on it - it's gorgeous & used a few chippies to decorate. It has no pictures in it as yet as this will be our 1st Easter using it. I look forward to bringing it out in the future.

There is still time to enter this competition if you fancy making something original. The closing date is next Thursday 9th April.
Thank you for looking & have fun if you decide to join in.

xxx

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabaroo, Gez - you are a very clever Easter bunny! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gez, this is stunning. I was looking for an Easter Snowglobe, but I guess that probably wasn't going to happen - ha ha! Your poly egg is cute and I'm sure the choccie ones wont last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow how fabulous Gez. You are a very clever and ingenious crafter. What a lovely keepsake too and a cheeky way to keep your eggs safe and hidden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez what a fantastic place to hide an egg - brill!! what a brill idea!

    Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea Gez and it looks brilliant. You're so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab project, what a lovely thing to bring out each Easter and look back as well as forward - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it Gez!!!! Its super gorgeous!!! Good luck with it honey XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gez that's fabulous! You make the best exploding boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gez, you amaze me with those gorgeous exploding boxes. I love the first one and this one too. You did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats georgous gez,what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, I love exploding boxes although I've never made one myself. Clever idea for the comp good luck. I don't recognise that K&Co paper it looks lush x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've never got round to making an exploding box yet, but that is gorgeous gez :) and what a great surprise inside x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx