Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Thursday, 23 April 2009

For Kathy!

........as promised. Kathy very kindly left a comment below on my last posting for todays HS:MS:HS challenge re Newton's apple & asked if she could the whole picture......so....here it is!!



It took me 9 months to stitch on 14ct antique white aida & is the European Millenniumm sampler. I have another one on the go...an American one & an English one still waiting to be started so my children will have one each! I need a big nudge tho to get a move on!!!

Hope you like it Kathy. Thanks for looking. xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh its so lovely to see your sampler again!! All that hard work. Its so impressive...looking forward to seeing the others done NUDGE NUDGE hahahahaha XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd have needed more like nine years than nine months! It's lovely Gez, I do hope you'll do the others so the kids won't have to fight over this one :haha:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gez, I can appreciate how time consuming and how much concentration is needed to do cross stitch, especially one of greater detail like yours. I've still got a huge one wrapped up in the loft of a lady in a long flowing dress, sitting in a garden, it's beautiful, and I started it when I was expecting Martyn, but never finished it, lol. Lovely Gez. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats lovely gez,well done you on doing such a large piece!!

    one of the old dears at mums chapel did one of these,it now hangs in the chapel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's grogeous and good on you for tackling another two. I've got a sampler on the go I started in 1993!!!!
    I wonder if I'll ever get it finished?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Gez thats FAB!

    I still haven't finished mine!! lol or my map....or several other pieces....lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a former cross stitcher, I take my hat off to you Gez. That is a lot of hours of work. I have a sampler that is 75% made, but I just can't summon up the motivation to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx