Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 29 May 2009

Birthday Memories

Today would have been my mums 68th birthday but very sadly she passed away suddenly last year. I've made a layout using a sketch from a clever designer Deanne.


I am really pleased with how the layout of turned out. To me its perfect! The words are very special to me & were read out in church when my mum died. My mum loved gardening & flowers & has some very lovely roses growing in her garden. One of my favourites is called Silver Wedding which was an anniversary present to her a long time a go. She would have been married 49 years this summer. She is missed very, very much every single day. I decided to hand write the poem even tho I don't really like my hand writting because I am going to re-size it & print it out so that I can use it as a grave card today. The patterned papers are from Paper Mania. Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely lo gez,and such a lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Gez it must be such a difficult time for you,but you have these wonderful memories and to put those in a scrapbook is a way to keep them alive! The poem is lovely as is the LO hugs xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful LO Gez and the words are so lovely. Thinking of you today xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those words are so beautiful and a very fitting tribute to your dear Mum my lovely. You have lovely handwriting and its made the page such a personal one for you all. I will be thinking of you today and hope that all your memories are happy ones of the joy you shared together. Hugs XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO, Gez. I think using your handwriting makes it much more personal and special and the photo of Tom with the rose is perfect. Thinking of you - I think Kathy's advice on the forum is perfect (although easier said than done, I'm sure) {{{hugs}}}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lord Gez, this is so heart warming and filled with such tenderness. Love the little photo of Tom holding the roses so gently, almost in a way as if to say to you "For you too Mummy as well as Nanny/a". I know this is hard, have been going through similar this week too. Hugs and kisses to you my lovely. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gez that is a wonderful layout and the poem is very touching too.

    Lots of love Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx