Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 15 May 2009

Something Completely Different Challenge

Welcome to the 1st week over on Something Completely Different I hope you can join us on our arty journey. The theme for the month is twinchies & this weeks theme is wings.

This is my 1st DT entry & I was so nervous posting it on the blog......I thought I'd make a right mess of things & either lose the post somewhere in cyber space or accidently post! Luckily neither happened altho Blogger is still playing tricks with me & not behaving himself??

Wings


I coloured my twinchie orange & then stamped over the top with black ink & a crackle pattern stamp. I sprayed some Maya Road chipboard wings with bronze Crafty Notions colours spray (which is really sparkly but unfortunately I don't think the sparkle has shown up too well - sorry!) I then attached them to the back of the twinchie when they had completely dried. I used a gorgeous image from Crafty Individuals which I sanded & inked arounded the edges.

Thank You for looking. I hope you get chance to play along with the 1st weeks challenge. There is a prize as well!

13 comments:

  1. Love this Gez. I looked at the Crafty Notions sprays last week, now I have seen you use them they are going on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gez new blog looks great :) would love to join in, cant leave a comment though :( it wont let me!!
    I'll certainly get something made for it though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the theme for this twinchie! Sparkle never photographs well, I think you need movement for it to show - we'll just fill that in mentally :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Gez, looking forward to taking part in your new challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so creative. I've no idea what a twinchie is, but I'm off to have a look!! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff Gez. I'm hoping to have a go at a twinchie I'll let you know if I get anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful twinchie, Gez - the challenge is on my list x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your twinchie - the wings are really great! I've never seen the Crafty Notions sprays - it's nice to see new things other crafters are using:)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could not wait to play along and thanks for the inspiration......good luck with the challenge and your twinchie is just super.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great TWINCHIE, LOVE THOSE WINGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic twinchie! Love it. Anesha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx