Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 28 June 2009

My first Design Team card!

I was so excited to be asked to join the Design Team over on the newly formed Quirky Crafts forum & I am delighted to share with you my 1st card as a team member.

This weeks card challenge theme is red/green.

My 1st Design Team card...

I've used more delicious papers from my Bubbly Funk page kit as per the card in my last post & also a lovely digi image from the Cute Daisy May range.

I had great fun using my latest Copic markers from Lynne at the Craft Den. Even tho I say so myself I was really pleased with how my colouring turned out! apart from her .................... ??? !!!

Would you like to know a secret??? or can you guess!lol.

Her hair turned out a real disaster! my 1st attempt at dark hair. It was awful to say the least but I really did love her legs!! I carried on regardless & assembled my card. My family agreed with me in that I should start again! My daughter offered to try & digitally alter her hair for me but even that was a disaster. So there was only one thing left to try!!!

Ooh I'm too embarrassed to tell you what I did! now can you guess! I actually think my card turned out okay even tho I can't come out with the words.

Thanks for looking & what an eventful 1st DT card. Perhaps, I shouldn't be telling you all this!!

It would be lovely if you could join us on the new crafty forum there is lots going on & great to come & visit your blogs.

Have a great week. Gez.xx

10 comments:

  1. Now you just HAVE to tell us what you did!!!!! Its turned out a super card & congrats on being on Quirky Forums new DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you print out another image then cut around the hair an stick it over the top???!

    I've done that before now!!! :-)

    What ever it was I think your DT card is fab!

    Hugs
    Fe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great colouring.

    Your secrets safe with me, but I would not have known. :-) Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!!!

    Just a new hair-cut on the first image...is that the secret? Oh well... whatever you did with the 'new' hair... the card is GREAT!!!! :)

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is she wearing a wig? It actually makes it look more 3D.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! what a clever bunch of bloggers!

    Cazzy said the 'word'!

    Fe got it spot on!

    I printed another image, coloured it & stuck it on!

    Its worked really well. I will definately be adding hair as extra again. Adds that 3D look & hopefully a little less blusher. Think I got carried away oops.

    Thank you for all having a guess.

    Now I really do need to find a good tutorial for colouring in darker hair. :-D ............ NET!!! help!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Gez - I would not have guessed what you did. Love the red satin ribbon - adds a touch of luxury. x Off to check out the new blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I guessed but I thought that would be too obvious so I started wondering about bleach and all sorts! Very sweet card Gez and congrats on another DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Quirky DT. Tell Gez, that's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he he you are such a clever clogs! card is really lovely xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx