Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 12 June 2009

Something Completely Different

This is our 2nd week of tags over on the Something Completely Different challenge blog. I not only got to choose the topic but I also did my 1st write-up! to introduce this weeks challenge. :-D

What can I say! This weeks challenge is still tags & the topic is 'hearts' There are lots of beautiful heart stamps & embellishments around at the moment. I love to use hearts where ever I can in my scrapsbooks. I hope you will join us this week & take up the challenge.



My tag started off plain white & I used my favourite background technique of the moment which is alcohol inks & shaving foam see my technique here.

I stamped various heart stamps with a dye ink pad & edged my tag with Cosmic Shimmer powder & a special glue stick which allows you to set with a heat gun. (This was my 1st attempt & I'm not sure I like the effect!) perhaps I shouldn't be telling you that!lol.

The chippie word love is by Maya Road & again special glue stick & embossing powder. The other elements are a circle tag which is stamped & inked & a little butterfly stamped & cut out & layered on top of one already on the tag. The butterfly is dusted in fine glitter gel pen but I'm not sure the photo as picked it up! What a lot of rambling!!

It would be lovely if you could join us this week & then we can hop over to your blog & admire your creations. We have a special Guest Designer with us this month so I am really looking forward to seeing what yummy treat Kath has in store for us. :-)

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Best wishes. Gez.xx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Gez. Lovely colours. I especially like the embossed Love embellishment.
    Have a great weekend Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe this is YUMMY Gez!!! What a great girly theme for our challenge this week HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gez this tag is lovely and so girlie.The shaving cream technique looks great fun,i must try that one day. have a good day xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully, Gez! Love the little layered butterfly and the glitzy look of the chippie word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag Gez - what's this special glue stick then? I probably need one....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always learn things when I pop over to yours Gez. Will email over the weekend and I've given you a mention on my blog today! Have a lovely weekend ... Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tag and brill write up Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice gez,i love the 'love' chipboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful tag Gez and love your shaving foam technique....bet it was lots of fun....love all the stamping and details...Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx