Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Cute Daisy May Challenge

A challenge I couldn't refuse!! I am sooooo busy at the moment... pretty poorly as well :( & 3 children at home for the school hols mmmm! ..... I decided to grab some 'ME' time last night & made a little card (cough) its quite big actually! a sheet of A4 folded over. What a great size to work on.

Its a sketch this week over on Cute Daisy May challenge blog & the wonderful, very talented crafter Net has drawn this weeks sketch.

Net's sketch...
When I first saw the sketch ......being a 'non' cardmaker hehe... I thought no way!!! then thought hang on.................. & so this is ........

my card!

click to enlarge!

I've used various off cuts from my scraps box & a couple of Magnolia stamps. I used a flower punch to make some flowers & the large bloom is from Caroline at Bubbly Funk.

Of all the lovely little treasures I've used on my card my greatest find is the paper I've stamped my sentiment on ......... my super gorgeous little Tom is mad about painting! He's only 28 months old but when he saw me water colouring the other week he wanted a go & so I quickly found his brothers paints! so now if he sees me crafting he goes & gets out 'his' paints & paper from the cupboard & wants to join in...

Well, the little guy is going through our scrap paper at an alarming rate!!! but I don't want to dampen his interests...... we've long since run out of hanging space believe me!! cutting a long story short! I found one of his many paintings left to dry & (ooooh I hope he'll forgive me when he's older & he reads my blog book!) I stamped my sentiment on one of his pictures & punched out all the little pink flowers.

Its going to be years before he reads me blog but sshh... he's brilliant at finger painting & has made some gorgeous pictures. I think I might have plans for one or two of his creations!!!

just some of Tom's finger painting...

Might not look anything special but you can find certain spots that make great backgrounds & are great for punching out shapes. This isn't one of them! This is one of his finished pieces... he comes & sits on my knee while I blog & I promised to put one of his pictures on.... :-D feels less guilty!!

Sorry for the epic read!! ....... If you get chance why not pop over to see what the mega talented Design Team have made with Net's sketch. Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at CDM. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Gez. Aaww Tom's got the crafting bug early, I'm sure he'll forgive you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Gez it looks like little Tom is gonna grow up to be as good a crafter as his mum!! Your card is fab btw xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Elle est magnifique ta carte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab stuff! Nice use of the sketch and of Tom's finger painting - what a nice way to give it a good home! I love the finger painted scalloped circles, they look fantastic, well done Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fantastic card Gez!

    Love Tom's paintings - they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and little Tom's finger painting is great too.. bless him. My girls are 4 and 5 and are in at my crafty stash all the time. I have to hide everything lol.
    thanks for joining us at CDM.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha I love Toms technique!!! mmm....I think I may get Millie to have a go at this!!! They make great background papers...not that I am into exploitation or anything!!!!!!

    Awwe your card is truly lovely Gez...I love all those little flowers too. HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done tom and mummy :)
    they don't want to get into your stash forever gez,my girls stopped using it when they were about 12 (so not much longer now LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gez....gorgeous card,love the images you have used and a great take on Net's sketch...thanks for joining us this week at CDM,
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is wonderful from the image coloring to the paper flowers you used!!
    Glad you could join us at cute daisy may
    XMichele speraX

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card gez hope you feeling better
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card! love it,so cleverly put together, great colours, love it

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just gorgeous Gez and I love your story about the origin of the backing paper - you won't be short of unique dps for years to come I suspect! Thank you for joining us at CDM again this week
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW!! A beautiful card made more special by using 'home made' papers!!! Tom's paintings are an excellent source of backing papers and for making flowers! Fab idea...and if it catches on you could be selling all those stacks of paintings!! lol
    Hope you feel better soon ♥
    Thank you for joining CDM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Gez and love the design and detail, the colours are beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx