Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 25 July 2009

Something Completely Different

I've made a postcard for this weeks challenge! actually, this is the one that I didn't think was good enough to submit to the Design Team! The one I promised to show!


This postcard has been stood on a shelf for a couple of weeks now & in the end I didn't like it! as a DT piece.

The tree is embossed & looks nice IRL. I went along with the idea of using a page from a disguarded book with lots of pages already missing & thought along the lines a home without books is like a house without windows so included house stamps. The tree stamp to represent where paper comes from & the sentiment because I need silence when I'm reading! & the little door because I've been wanting to have a go at making one! The stamps are by Paper Artsy.

I had great fun trying out different techniques on this postcard!

Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

5 comments:

  1. I really like the ideas behind this one Gez and it has worked into a very pretty postcard XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Gez your postcard works really well!! Is this the latest craze"postcards"? i have seen quite a few around blogland,must give it a go xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks great Gez and would have been happy to submit it if it was mine.

    Sometimes I think we are too critical of our own work. This postcard is wonderful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have been to hard on yourself Gez!! It is great and I like your ideas behind it too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this looks great, lots of different booky ideas going on but it all hangs together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx