Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 7 August 2009

Distress Inks

I've been having my first play with Rangers Distress Inks & wondered want you think! I've nearly given up a few times this week but I was determined to carry on!

I was lucky enough to watch the very super talented Sheena Douglass last weekend. This lady's talents are amazing & Sheena is such a lovely, witty lady. I wish I could have stayed longer!

This is the out come of what I learnt. Probably, not very much you think. But believe me I could not get the hang of cut & dry foam until I met Sheena.

......my 1st ish! attempts with Distress Inks.


My 1st tag is inked with Faded Jeans & a most beautiful stamp Sheena has drawn & created. I'm not quite sure what else to do with my tag. I think the beauty of the image alone speaks for its self. I will probably darken the ground to create a shadow under the stag.

I'm not quite sure what products to colour in with on top of Distress Inks. I've had a go with watercolour pencils but it was very hard to blend.

My 2nd tag is inked with Spiced Marmalade. I have just fallen for this ink colour completely! I've used a Tim Holtz stamp for the tiled floor & a fabby cute little download image.

Tag 3 ...... awaiting inspiration!

Thanks for looking. I've had so much fun with this simple technique. Can't wait to watch Sheena next time she's on TV.

14 comments:

  1. Spiced marmalade is my fave colour too!!! How did you get the spots?? They look fab X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stuff Gez, love that stag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, love the one with the stag. The colours of all three are just beautiful. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely Gez, I fell for spiced marmalade too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are brilliant tags Gez you certainly have got the hang of the inks now.

    Orange for me everytime!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags, Gez - I just adore that marmalade AI - I absolutely must have it! A little treat to shop for next week I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think it's safe to say that you've got the hang of it now gez :) very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking the same as Karen - how did you get the spots?

    Are you using the ink pads or the bottles of inks?

    No more questions now, just to say I think your tags are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I like the spots too!!! That stag is awesome, and the color of both is great. I want to try now!!! Thanks for showing you new try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What super colours Gez. Well done.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow stunning tags

    I can't use Cut and Dry either please pass me some tips!!! LOl

    Hugs
    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow stunning tags

    I can't use Cut and Dry either please pass me some tips!!! LOl

    Hugs
    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! You go girl! Spot on:-)
    Love them, and thanks so much for your fab comments.
    Sheena x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gez, these are gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx