Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 22 August 2009

Rosie~Dee's challenge

I had great fun with this challenge over on Rosie~Dee's challenge blog. The theme was ... sun. I thought it would be a good excuse to use some round blank beer mats I've had for a while because a certain someone said she was looking forward to seeing what I made with them!!!! Remember??

Sorry its a long photo shoot! Thought I'd do a run through of how my book came together.

First of all I inked the edges of my round mats with blue versa ink....

Then I used some Rangers acrylic paint to cover the mats as backgrounds. They reminded me of summer skies...

Here is the front cover I decorated... a poor sun I know! but I did try honest! I kept it simple as its a book for my youngest.

& here he is!!! Tom never goes anywhere without his sun hat!

My 3 in York... I don't think my eldest is very happy!!! her shoulders give it away .... don't they!

Smiley Joe!
At the park on a sunny day.

We went the other week & it had rained
Tom couldn't understand why the slide wasn't slidey!
only wet........... on him!


Ouch! the number of times I think he's going to bang his head
when he comes out of the tunnel!

There is room of course on the other sides for more photographs.

Thanks for looking at my reveal. Remember a new challenge is set every Sunday evening on Rosie~Dee's challenge blog. See you over there! Gez.xx

14 comments:

  1. Just lovely, what a great keep sake. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it honey, its beautiful and a fab tutorial too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Best use for beer mats I've come across yet. I'm sure that years from now this booklet will bring back many happy memories.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and creative work!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really lovely book Gez, great photos, love what you did with the paint and the sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this is lovely Gez!!! Thank you so much for showing the insides, there are some lovely memories there.

    Know what you mean about the shoulders haha

    HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's lovely Gez, so good to see lots of photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping by to say "hello". Hope you are enjoying the summer Gez!

    Don't worry about neglecting your blog over summer, it will be over all too soon! Enjoy! Love your beer coasters. Now all you need is some good weather so you can sit out with that beer and use your beautiful coasters

    Sending hugs!
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely book Gez - tfs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great little beermat book Gez, I love the happy feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Gez,This little book is such a gorgeous keepsake for little Joe! Thanx for the tutorial it was very helpful xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic coaster book Gez. Love the tutorial too, so easy to follow.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is lovely Gez, some gorgeous pics of the little man there.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx