Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 7 August 2009

Something Completely Different

Its a new month so we have a new challenge. This month we want to see lots of different houses. The theme for this week is love/romance....

my dt house...


I thought as the name of the challenge blog suggests it's fine to make something completely different! I've had a change from papercrafts as I hardly get chance to stitch at the moment. Its so relaxing & helps me take my mind off things for a while & is good for my blood pressure!

I get a fantastic magazine from the US ever year packed full of Christmas ornaments. The magazines are never far from my bedside table! Bed time reading!! oh how sad! I think I will probably put some gold braid around the edge of this little cushion/pillow & hang it from our tree.

The ornament is stitched on 16ct oatmeal aida & I have used Anchor stranded thread.

Why not pop over to see what the rest of the Design Team have made. Hope you can join us this week. Have a lovely weekend. Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

9 comments:

  1. I love your cross stitching Gez. I also enjoy cross stitching now and again. Best wishes, Carolyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I thought this was a big cusion till I read further...sorry. But its SO CUTE Gez, lovely stitching. Yes it would look gorgeous hanging on your tree. BIG HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol!! me too I thought it was bug...but I could just picture a whole series of these on my tree as it's full of american style green and red hand made things....ok not handmade but they look that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! I love all things rustic & American folk artsy. :-)

    This tiny ornament didn't take long to make! Will have to find an ink pad to put next to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little ornament, Gez! It's not that many squares of Aida across so it must be small is my reckoning on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cross stitched ornament. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Gez, I thought it was big too!! you stitch so neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo sweet!! I love cross stitching too!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this was just gorgeous - I wouldn't know where to start!!

    Looks great Gez

    hugs
    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx