Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 5 September 2009

Rosie~Dee challenge

Its reveal time again for the Guest Designers over on Rosie~Dee's challenge blog. The theme was Neopolitan Ice Cream colours, Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry YUMMY!.

I decided to make a mini book for the challenge using the above colours & had so much fun. Thanks Rosie & Deanne for a great challenge.xx Here is my......

......circle squash book

I love making little books & love a challenge too. When I saw UKScrappers summer mini book challenge I found the perfect book I wanted to make.

The circle squash book was shown on UKS before talented crafter Kathy had a book showcased too & I'd already made my squash book for the challenge. I am looking forward to having a go at Kathy's book soon. Thank you Kathy for being a wonderful inspiration.xx

If you get the chance stop by Kathy's sketch file & see even more of Kathy's wonderful creations.

Here is my circle squash book opened up but so difficult to get a good shot!

my book....


Here are some photos of how I got to my finished book. WARNING! BIG PHOTO SHOT!
No talking though!
I took 3 sheets of 12x12 paper & cut an 8" circle from each sheet.


I took photographs of the pink sides so they would show up better but decorated the black sides! still got the pink sides to fill. This little book holds up to 28 photos!


This is just one way of filling the circles. There are other ways. I put 2 square photos in the middle but you could fill each circle with smaller triangular photos.

Thanks for bearing with me if you've made it this far. I had so much fun making this book for Rosie~Dee's challenge blog.

Remember a new challenge Sunday night & a new sneak peak from the Design Team too. Phew! off for a lie down now!!! Have a great weekend. Gez.xx



10 comments:

  1. GEZ, this is utterly adorable, what a lot of work, great tutorial, I am sure we can all do this, with such fab instructions. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is brilliant! Really lovely idea...There's something on my blog for your blog here
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww Gez, this is amazing! It all looks fab and the instruction photos are excellent thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! I didn't realise this was a book!!! Its incredible Gez, so much work in it. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great book. Nice to see how it works too as I really couldn't imagine what was being squashed lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops thought I could edit my post! Now I know I can't!

    Lovely book Gez - I've only ever done square ones, I must try this shape its really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Gez. Thanks for the instructions too.

    Must fill up my one Leigh showed us how to make at the retreat last year.

    Loving all the family photos you've stuck inside too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gez, this is amazing. My very first time to see this stunning creation. What an awesome idea. You really are super talented and creative, well I know that long time ago :) I have to check this out again. I love all the details. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee!! that's clever. The instructions look so clear - I'll have to have a go at this sometime x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx