Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 4 October 2009

Gothic Arch ~ Inventors

Here is my 2nd Gothic Arch. The new challenge is......Inventors.

click to enlarge!

Oooh I so enjoyed this challenge & can't wait for next weeks! I loved learning to type on a qwerty typewriter when I was at school & used to look forward to every lesson. I can remember it taking ages to work out how to centre things!! & now it's just a click of a button. Oh! how things change...... so Thank You.... Mr Christopher Latham Sholes for inventing the typewriter in 1867. Altho there was a patent as early as 1714 for a writing machine.


I took an extra shot to show the gold & sparkle on my arch which doesn't show up really without a flash.

click to enlarge!

Thanks for looking. Have a lovely week. Gez.xx

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful arches! great image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely arch! The colours are very nice and the elements are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous arches! I love your use of blue in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez lovin this arch the image is fab xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have chosen to present for this theme..beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gez,
    I love this - you come up with the most original designs - it's a pleasure to visit your blog.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea and wonderful design...love your arch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, composition and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful choice and a beautiful arch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely this beautiful arch Gez. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic arch! Not only did I find the history interesting, I found your personal story just as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab arch, love the topic you picked and the finished arch looks fantastic! Gosh - I'd forgotten about manual centering, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great arch Gez. Love the colours and such a great theme, it's good to look back and remember!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. great background gez, i like your choice of theme and the execution of it. see you're hooked to the arches now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AMAZING Gez!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabulous arch! I love all the wonderful images/stamping you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are clever Gez. I wish I lived nearer so you could tell me how you make your lovely art. I could do with some pointers. Did I tell you I finally got round to getting some inchie chips. Hoping to join back in again when the "challenge" is right and after my blog break. I'm so glad life is sweet for you and I'm glad we are keeping in touch - you are special!

    Bye for now
    Love
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx