Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 27 November 2009

Something Completely Different

It's time for a new challenge over at Something Completely Different & our lovely & talented Carol has chosen the last theme for this month's Christmas cards....

Red & Gold with a snowman.

I've had so much fun making this card. Thank You Carol for giving me the nudge I needed this week! My first attempt at an easel card. (I made Tracey's card at the same time! see post below!) I am so impressed I managed to 'suss' this out! It's so simple to make them any size as well.

I've used a sketch this week from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File. Kathy is a very talented designer & has some gorgeous creations over at Bubbly Scrumptious.

....side view.


I've coloured my snowman with Distress Inks another 1st for me. The papers are from Making Memories. Ribbon & blooms from my craft box & a couple of gorgeous pins from the Craft Den.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend. Take care. Gez.xx

20 comments:

  1. Another great card this week. The background with all the squares is great. If you see I have used that idea in the future it will be because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, The pins from Craft den are lovely. Got to have a go at one of those Easel cards, they look great. Love sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, cute, yet sophisticated, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, as always :-) I must have a go at this easel card thingy myself some time! And I too love the mosaic of squares in the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful card Gez and I just love the envelope too. It all looks so professional and pretty.

    Sorry it's been so long since I popped by but thank you for your words of support on my blog... even more so when you've had your own troubles recently. I really appreciate it.

    I'm so sorry that your Dad has been so poorly and I am sending you my prayers for a speedy recovery. It must be so worrying for you especially being an only child.

    HUGE HUGS
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. he's lovely gez ;)
    and i like your new banner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the easel card Gez need to have a go at these xx the pins are gorgeous xx Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colouring Gez, wouldn't have guessed they were Distress inks. love the pins too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely easel card and your snowman colouring looks fab! Just one question though - doesn't the flower get squished when you flatten the card for an envie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good question Joanne. I have made little boxes for the cards to fit in too. :-)

    Thank you for everyone's lovely comments.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a lovely card Gez, you've made that easel card beautifully. I shall have another go with one as they are simple aren't they?

    Loving the new header too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Gez. Have a great weekend. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so beautiful hun gorjus detail and love that snowman love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely easel card - the colouring with distress inks has achieved great results. I love that snowman, he's one of my favourites. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card Gez - that snowman is fab.

    I'm liking these easel cards too -I think they're really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh chickie..that is just scrumptious! lovin that background patchwork ~ and yummy snowmman! fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Gez. Love the snowman and the flower. The easel card is very interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everybody but me has done this card style. You really have inspired me with your fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous. I love everything about this card, Gez!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx