Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Oh deer!

I could get myself in a right mess here! Especially as I've had some bad news this afternoon but I might not be around much this next week. My Dad is very poorly. :-(

I very much would like to pass on some awards & apologise for not getting round to it sooner.

I wanted to share this little picture I made last night. I am soooooo sooooo pleased with it. :-D Can you tell! It's probably no big deal to others but I haven't been getting along with my cut&dry foam & Distress Inks but with the help of two special people I think I've sussed it!!

I have used some fabulous stamps from Creative Expressions & given some wonderful advice from both Sheena Douglass on how to hold the cut&dry foam & Lindsay Mason whose work I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. I must remember I have an ATC in my bag for the next time I see Lindsay!

Without further a do! I will pass on these awards.

The first award is from Leigh & I think I've to name 5 facts about myself you might not know about!

1.) I love bacon subs from Subway on cheese & herby bread with lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, green peppers & southwest sauce!

2.) I'm planning to do Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas 2009.

3.) I love to eat raw sprouts

4.) I have a character on Animal Crossing WII game called Boo! & I find her money rock everyday!

5.) I'm knitting a red (his favourite colour!) cardigan for Tom & have made the right front wrong!

Phew!

I'd like to pass this award on to......

Carolyn at Love Stitching Red. Carolyn's work is simply stunning. I love everything about Carolyn's work & her blog is just awesome. I am very lucky indeed to call Carolyn my friend. Please call on Carolyn's blog I am sure you will come away with a wonderful feeling of calm. I know I feel much more at peace with the world after stopping by. :-)

Fiona at Lil Daffodil. All of Fiona's creations are totally gorgeous & I enjoy every visit to Fiona's blog.

Margaret at My Crafting Chaos. Another inspirational blog. Margaret has a very creative blog.

Cheryl at Cheryl's Creative ATc's & Cards. I am in awe every time I visit Cheryl's blog. Cheryl's creations are all fabulous.

Lyn at Spyder's Corner. Another awesome blog. I love popping by. Lyn's creations are fabby too & always a good read.

I'd like to also pass this award onto all the DT members of the Quirky Craft's forum, Deanne, Anne, Julia, Lyn again!, Cazzy, Fe-Fe I haven't been able to fully commit just lately & they have been very kind letting me stay. Thank You Team.xxx

~♥~


This lovely award came from two crafter's Cheryl at Cheryl's creative Atc's & cards & Adele at Craftucrazy in South Africa.

I have 5 things to share about myself so I can pass it on to 7 super duper blogs....

1.) I love all things pink!
2.) I taught myself to crochet.
3.) I sing nursery rhymes in French to Tom!
4.) I love Yankee candles & always have a candle lit somewhere in the house.
5.) I like to grow my own veggies.
6.) I love playing on Mario Kart WII to chill out altho playing on WiFi gets me worked up!!
7.) I love soaking in the bath & have been known to fall asleep!

& the blogs I would like to pass this award on to are.....

Laura at As Happy As...
Junie at Juniejo Cards
Anesha at Crafting Queen
Artyjen at Artyjen
Sue at Sue's Snippits
Kathy at Kathy's Waffle
Clare at Glitterface-creations
Jo at Kinglake's Crafts
Linnie at Cute Daisy May & all the Wonderful talented Design Team members.

~♥~





I am privileged to receive this award from Fiona at Lil Daffodil. In order to pass on this award I have to think of 5 facts about myself....

1.) I like to sleep with the light on (not sure if it helps with the night terrors.)
2.) I had a fabulous time making a Christmas card with Sheena Douglass.
3.) Hoping to book a place on Lindsay Mason's class making fairy doors. (Must remember to ring tomorrow.)
4.) Won a most fabulous piece of art from a fellow blogger.
5.) Lost my scarf somewhere. :-(

I would like to pass this award on to.....

Joanne at Ambrosia and Iron
Net at Caique-momma
Tracy at Crafty me!
Hazel at My crafty outlook
Dawn at Crafty Ramblings
Humel at I Speak Melsh
Lynne at the Craft Den & the Design Team... Ann, Chanelle, Jo, Kathyrn, Sandra & Sue

~♥~

I am delighted to receive this gorgeous award from Lyn at Spyder's Corner. Thank You Lyn.xx

The 6 blogs I would like to pass this on to are.....

Lindsay at Lindsay Mason
Rleen at Precious Angels Creations
Fiona at Lil Daffodil
Linda at Liveart
at Creations-Blog
Melody at Melz Scrappy Junk
Rosie at Freycob

I am so very lucky to visit all these wonderful blogs & more besides. If your blog is in either of my side bars you are more than welcome to take any of these awards & link back please. Thank You. Gez.xx

I'm just looking at the clock at it say 01:22am! I really, really must go to bed & I am sorry I haven't time to call at everyone's blogs right now....but will call tomorrow...so I hope it's a nice surprise if you are calling in the mean time! Take care. Love Gez.xx

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for my award Gez!! Sorry to hear the news about your Dad my love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gez...I do hope your Dad picks up my lovely. XXX

    That picture is absolutely beautiful!!! I love that you resisted the urge to use green for the trees...I love the colours you have used. BIG HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear the news about your father. Thinking of you and sending lots of (((hugs)))

    (And thanks for the award, that's lovely - I'm really touched x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gez,
    Firstly, and most importantly, the reindeer is awesome. You have made a magnificent job of this. It's outstanding.
    Secondly, thank you so much for the two awards you have given me. I am flattered with the nice things you said about my blog. Believe me I get so much from my visits to you. I do already have the second award but will gladly acknowledge that you have given it to me. The first one is fantastic - Thanks.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinking of me.....especially as it sounds like you have more important things to concentrate on.....I'll be thinking of you and yours.
    Love your deer it looks so wintery.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Dad Gez. Thanks for the award to us Quirky girls. Love your blog some gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read about your Dad, hugs to you all.

    Thanks very much for the award. Take care talk soon. Love and Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how I adore that card that image is so real love it and bless your heart for the award hun I will put it on my blog with pride hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your dad's so poorly Gez - hope things are OK and not too stressful. Your deer pic looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The deer picture is fab, Gez. You know that I'm praying for you and your dad.

    Wow! you've got a lot of awards there (well deserved) and thank you so much for thinking of me and passing one on - I'll blog it soon. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hun,

    i am so sorry to hear that your dad is not doing well :( You and yours are in my prayers, i hope that everyting will take a turn for the better again !

    Thank you so much for thinking of us when you yourself are having a hard time, you are such a wonderful person :)

    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gez. Very sorry to hear of your dads illness, I hope he is making a good recovery. My thoughts are with you.
    Your deer looks fabby. I too have a problem with the cut and dry foam.
    I am so grateful for my lovely award you have given to me. I will put it on my blog with pleasure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh chickie...i'm so sorry to hear of your dad ~ my bestest of wishes sent his way ~ and lots of cyber {{{hugz}}}

    whoa...look at all those awards ~ so well deserved chickie ~ and thankx so much for passing one on my way! i'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gez, thank you so much for the award. Promise to collect it soon. Limited time on the computer these days with the next craft fair next weekend. Take care
    ANesha :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx