Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 15 November 2009

Star book

I am so excited to share this book with you! I first heard of star books months & months ago when a super talented crafter Tracy mentioned on the Bubbly Funk forum that she had made a couple & had received orders for more & there the seed was planted! I dug out an old copy of Craft Stamper from last year & followed their instructions to make a mini star book.

My children & hubby are always my first critics & so I ask for opinions & everyone thought the mini star book was fabulous. My little guy has spent the last two days sitting there just opening & closing the little book saying....look star! & putting it on his head! I knew straight away I wanted to make one for him & so here is Tom's star book that I wanted to share with you.

Gosh! these things are difficult to photograph! Thinking that it might be I took some photos in advance before I assembled the book. Here are the pages...

I have left space for some Christmas photos to fit into Tom's book after Christmas so it will be a nice keepsake for him.












Here is the completed Star Book.










I played about with the measurements until I was happy & used the gorgeous September monthly main Colourful kit from Bubbly Funk. The papers are perfect! I have kept to a simple theme & stayed away from embellishments other than paper ones so they don't pose a choking hazzard for my little guy. I am sure this little book is going to get put through it's paces & have to say I was quite impressed with how sturdy the book is once it was assembled.

I'd like to say a special Thank You to Kathy too for always being a great source of inspiration. Kathy's books are awesome. I can't wait to try Kathy's Christmas Pocket Book all I need is some........time!

I had so much fun making this book & can't wait to make a different one. Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

18 comments:

  1. This is tremendous, Gez - adorable - Tom will get so much pleasure out of it. As you say, the papers are just right.I always enjoy seeing your crafting talent. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Gez what a gorgeous book for Tom and so bright and colourful - its going to be a gorgeous reminder of his christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fantastic Gez, well done. The last photo shows just how much work has gone into it, with all the peices of card that make up the whole Star book x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous book Gez, you really can't go wrong with those papers can you? Now you need to get a picture of Tom with the other one on his head to put in his book!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and gorgeous Gez. Tom will adore it and it was certainly be well looked at when all the photos are put inside.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - star! I like Kaz's idea - would make a fab addition to the picture slots! Fantastic book Gex, so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great in those papers. We made one of these at craft den last year, they are easier to make then I thought. Seeing yours has made me think I will have to dig that copy of Craft Stamper out. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your book Gez!! Love the colours the papers are beautiful xx We made a beautiful little lilac one last year at the craft den with loads of fibre's going through it with beads!! Can't wait to see your next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Gez! That colourful Christmas kit really lends itself to this style of project. Great work, you are right to be excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooo and another oooo Gez!!!! This is gorgeous...looks a bit hard for me tho XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely book. I'm sure Tom will get endless pleasure from it when it has his photos in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is amazing hun gosh you have put so much work into this,just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the papers you have used Gez, gorgeous. This will be a fantastic keepsake for Tom. I would have loved to have seen Tom with it on his head!! aren't children funny? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. would make a fab addition to the picture slots! Fantastic book Gex, so bright and happy! Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gez,
    This is stunning. So colourful and cheerful. The work involved is awesome. You really inspire me with the variety of the projects you produce. Brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gez
    I never got to add myself to your blog and wanted to keep in touch so here I am now making the rounds to all Dt members
    This is such a cute book! I had made one of these a year or so ago and it was a beach theme, but this is adorable! very nice jobhugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx