Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 6 December 2009

12 Tags of Christmas

Well, first two actually with number 3 drying! I am only a very beginner in the world of all things inky. I've had a little dabble & had so much fun & quite lost track of time! I started making my 1st tag on Saturday morning & couldn't understand why the kids wanted lunch till I saw the time...sshh, I knew really! & then we ended up being late at the hospital to visit my dad!

Luckily, my dad didn't mind he already had 3 visitors there, oh, why? couldn't someone had told me & I could have had a day off & stopped home & played. :-D

As lots of you know over on T!m Holtz blog. T!m is already onto his 6th tag - yummy! I have had so much fun trying out some wonderful new techniques. I really didn't think I could play as I don't own a lot of Ranger products or stamps - yet!

After visiting Artyjen & a few other blogs I soon realised I could still play & use what products I've got at home. It's actually been great fun seeing what products I can adapt for the tags.

Tag 1

click to enlarge

I have used Distress Ink pads for the background & Rock Candy crackle paint from the Craft Den. The stamps are from Creative Expressions & a gorgeous Tando chippie from Bubbly Funk's October monthly kit (me thinks?) I covered the chippie in gesso & then a coat of Rangers Pearl dabber. I have used a thin layer of stay white glue for the icicles at the top of my tag & a coat of crystal Stickles on top. I didn't have the correct embossing powders so I stamped in black ink & embossed in clear...instead of the other way round!


I would definately have another go at making this tag again it was so much fun.


Here is my adapted tag for Day 2.


click to enlarge

The sentiment stamp is from Creative Expressions. My frame is a couple of different stamps, stamped together. My little rose is good old inside out tomato puree tube! & the gorgeous leaves I've inked were a RAK from Net.



Tag 3 is made but I'm waiting for something to come in the post that my DH won off ebay. :-D. Will be stalking the postie this week.

Thanks for looking. I know they aren't brilliant tags I had so much fun tho & I hope blogging them inspires other crafters to have a go too. Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

17 comments:

  1. This is one of the reasons I'm trying to get ahead of myself with work - I want to play tag too! Your look great Gez, I love your icicles on the first one and your metal flower looks great on the second! Hope you manage to carve out a little time to keep going with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tags, sadly I have not had time to play as yet. Hope your Dad is on the mend. Have a great day. ANesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous tags Gez - its great to see other crafters takes on the tags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous tags Gez - its great to see other crafters takes on the tags x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower looks super Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your tags Gez
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo wow these are gorgeous honey!!! I SO wish I had the time to play!!! HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful....I'm walking in a winter wonderland already! Adding you to my links.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooow wow so beautiful tags

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful crafting. I've used that Tando chippie today as well x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh these are brilliant hun you have made such wondeful tags,I have been joining in this too as this is my first time and really loveing it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Gorgeous take on the tags! look forward to the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant tags Gez. Love the recycling going on with the tomato paste tube.

    You clever and resourceful woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aloha Gez,
    I'm so glad to be back in blogging.... I missed your beautiful creations. I love the new look of your blog, it's gorgeous.
    Your tags are amazing, I love all the details. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tags Gez, so much detail and I love your little rose. Take care, talk soon hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. think i've looked at these a bit muddled!! but i like these one's too-they are all so nice. you could use them on 'special' cards next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx