Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 13 December 2009

12 Tags of Christmas

I've been playing along with the challenges set over on Tim Holtz blog. Altho, I am missing a lot of the products needed I have had great fun using what I have at home. Here are my next 2 tags in the series.

Tag 7.

I had great fun trying the technique suggested which is a resist technique. A bit scarey adding paint to a rubber stamp 1st but I cleaned it straight away afterwards. I've used Distress Inks to colour a white cardstock tag & the stamp is from Paper Artsy.

On my 1st attempt I made a mask as required & even added a couple of different stamps for the background but the paint dabber I had used was a new one & when the resist technique didn't work quite right I realised the dabber needing the lid taking off & mixing properly as it didn't really work out.

So, on my 2nd attempt I used the background that is on the stamp (it was after midnight!!) but the masking technique did work!


Tag 8.


This tag was great fun to make... in fact, I have enjoyed making every tag. I am going to make myself a BIA book to store all my tags in & the materials required & pockets for the instructions.

I embossed the lampost but I'm not sure it shows up in the photo & used Copic pens for colouring.

Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

19 comments:

  1. those are stunning gez :) off to check the others out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are stunning gez :) off to check the others out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are gorgeous sweetie!!!!! I love how you have interpreted the instruction to what stash you have! Well done! HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Gorgoeus......have a super Sunday
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great tags for the collection! Acrylic paint won't hurt your stamps - it's a bugger to get off if you forget and let it dry on there but even then your stamp will be just fine! (can't speak for clear stamps but natural rubber is tough stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags Gez - good idea to make a bia book for storing - look forward to seeing it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gez,
    As usual you have produced great tags. I particularly like the second one. It's bright and the lamppost is fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags are lovely, well done on the masking and resist stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow hun this is one stunning tag just love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another couple of stunning tags, Gez- well done for persevering with the paint dabber and getting such good results. I love the idea of making the BIA book.Glad you've been able to enjoy some crafting, even if it is in the small hours - take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These a wonderful Gez you have done well to keep going and what a great idea to store them in a book to do again sometime.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on all the tags, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all fab, Gez :-) I can see Tim's influence but they're also very much yours x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your tags are wonderful. What is a BIA book please obviously a book to store your tags etc but what do the letters mean? You could e-mail me the answer if you have the time
    patriciacrafts@fsmail.net
    Thank you P

    ReplyDelete
  15. what gorgeous tags Gez - great idea to store them all together with notes etc....xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. woooow what a great tags, beautiful.
    hugs Piaxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous tags Gez - are you going to use them on parcels or keep them in a book. I know which I;d do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, these are super gorgeous, great job!


    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx