Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 8 January 2010

Something Completely Different

I hope everyone is managing to keep warm in these Artic conditions we seem to have been landed with at the moment. Even my children are starting to get a bit fed up of all the white stuff!

It's time for a new challenge over at Something Completely Different. We are starting our new monthly challenge with Gothic Arches & I have been lucky enough to choose the 1st topic of the year! It didn't seem right to choose anything else so I chose.......New Year.

Gothic arch


click to enlarge

I inked the background with Distress Inks & stamped over the top with a crackle stamp in a different colour. The music sheet is from a copyright free source which was inked & distressed. The gorgeous little girl is an image from Funky Kits (will try & add a link later, it wasn't working when I tried) & I coloured her with Copic Ciao pens from the Craft Den.

The gorgeous ribbon I have used was wrapped around a lovely present I received at Christmas from a very talented crafter Karen. My present looked too pretty to unwrap. :-)

I've added some sparkle & bling altho I'm sure it doesn't show up too well on the photo. I have used Crystal Stickles & a gold Dabber on the flourish mask.

My sentiments are computer generated, inked & distressed & a couple of them I added are for very special crafters that visit my blog. :-)


~♥~


Hope everyone has a lovely weekend & you all manage to keep warm & snuggly. Hugs & Best wishes for the New Year. Love Gez.xx

19 comments:

  1. Looks fab! I keep meaning to try some gothis arches - have you any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe so glad the ribbon came in useful my lovely! Am hoping to start joining in with these again now ...yours is gorgeous XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love this hunny brilliant never made one of these before but may just give it a go hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gez,
    Thank you so much for your caring comments while I was ill. It was very comforting and encouraging and much much appreciated.
    This is so bright and cheerful - just what is needed at this cold, harsh time of year.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR chickie! hope ya stay cozy warm with all that snow!
    i'm looking forward to working with you and the rest of the dt on SCD this year!
    what a fabulous arche, too! love that stamped image..just darlin ~ and that added music sheet! such yummy colors and stamping ~ beautifully done!

    hugz
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gez, I really love this... I have seen a few of these arch's about lately and had to try something on the lines... I made my tag using a nesti and when finished I might be able to enter this challenge....

    Love the colour's and the crackle effect stamp... I brought some crackle paint that's not working well for me, might just need to apply differently ( I need to practice )

    Vicky:o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo there she is again - love that image.

    What a great arch that is I like the fact that the sheet music has an aged look to it. Wonderful Gez. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gothic arches are just wonderful shapes to play with.

    That snowman below is soooo gawguss ..is he big enough?

    Feel free to grab our ATC button I have posted.

    Have a fab weekend and hope that you are feeling better.
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for everyone's lovely comments.xx

    Great idea Chriss to go & grab your button thanks.xx I keep going all round the houses to find you! hehe...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh loving your gorgeous arch here Gez, so so pretty and clever background work
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gez. Happy New Year to you.
    Your arch is beautiful love the little girl image and the colours.
    Love
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still Love this! I must've forgot to say last time I was here!! Great idea to put the music in behind. I really have to get me some distress inks or shout at the ones I have! really lovely make Gez!

    (((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gez, your arch is supersweet!!

    You can't imagine how surprised I was when I checked my mailbox and found your wonderful package in it :D You are just too sweet for words!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! I loved it all and I'll post about it at my blog tomorrow :D Can't wait to taste the delicious looking chocolate, I LOVE chocklate and I loved all of the wonderful things you sent me!! Thank you ever soooo much for your kindness dear friend!!

    Hugs, kisses and blessings
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely arch to start the new year. I learn so much from you Gez. Hope you are keeping warm too!
    Lots of love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sweetie :D

    Just popped by again to say thank you and leave a link to my post about the wonderful surprise package you sent me!!

    Thanks, kisses and hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gez,
    Hope you and your beautiful family had a great weekend.
    Your creation is gorgeous as always! TFS!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous arch Gez. Take care, hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layers fab background...off work with another cold from hell!!
    Had to link up with the challenge this week though...thanks for the inspiration.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx