Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 22 January 2010

Something Completely Different

It's time for a new challenge over at Something Completely Different today & Carol has chosen Angels for this weeks Gothic Arch challenge. Here is my....

... Angel arch.


click to enlarge.

I covered my arch in corrugated card & swiped it with Distress inks. Then added some angel fibres that I had melted together. The stamped image is from Crafty Individuals which I inked & covered in Rock Candy Distress crackle paint (I don't think it shows up very well on the photo)

I stamped the image twice & decoupaged the angel covering her hair with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. This arch was really great fun to make! I covered the word angel with Glossy Accents & added ribbon & flowers from my craft box.

Why the penny you may wonder? well, it's to go with the sentiment... believe.....


Angel's Pennies
I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven
that's what my Nana told me.
She said Angels tossed them down
Oh, how I loved that story!

She said when an Angel misses you
They toss a penny down,
sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of your frown.

So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.
Author: Unknown


I think it's a lovely little poem to share with children & my children love finding pennies when we are out & about. Especially if we are on the way to school. They believe their Nana Jo sends them!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading everyone's comments.xx Thank You also to everyone who has decided to follow my blog. I am thrilled. :-) xx I am hoping to plan some blog candy. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend. Love Gez.xx

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful arch, love the wonderful details in it. Great poem, love it. Have a great day. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gez!!!
    You asked about the Moda fabric I used on my Quilt (It's a creative World) I google searched for Moda Layer Cakes (those are the 10' squares) and found several places online that sold it- Ebay has some lovely Quilt sites!!
    Good luck choosing your fabric- I took ages to narrow down my choice!!!
    love kt x

    http://www.nerybethcrafts.co.uk/itcs/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I love that poem & think of it when I see a penny on the pavement. This arch is really awesome Gez!!! I bet its even more beautiful irl. HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gez,
    Your arch is fantastic and the poem is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great poem! yep..put a smile on my face! and wowza ~ gorgeous arche chickie! love that angel..and how you did that scrumptious corrugated background! beautifully done!

    hugz
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great arch, love the image and I'm imagining the Rock Candy effect - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love it and that angel is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic arc Gez, I love all the detail and the poem to go with it is wonderful. I love Gothic arches and keep meaning to join their challenges I will when I have finshed all the other challenges.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous arch, Gez, with so much creativity and detail. And I love the penny poem - reminds me very much of a dear friend who died a year or two ago - he always looked and collected pennies - and a poem was read by a friend at his funeral x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your arch is fantastic and all the glorious detail really shows up when you enlarge the picture. The penny is a great touch and that poem is so sweet - I've never heard it before, but it did bring a tear to my eye too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your angel arch is absolutely gorgeous Gez and I so enjoyed your poem about the found pennies. I have a knack of always seeing money on a pavement and always stop to pick it up, but now I shall see that penny in a different light

    Hope you are having a happy weekend
    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gez - I've never heard of that poem its gorgeous - thanks for sharing - and I too will look at found pennies in a different light now..

    Gorgeous arch xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful angel arch Gez! Love the image and your story that goes with the penny
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx