Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 22 March 2010

Art Journaling - My 1st page!

I've been wanting to have a go at art journaling since last summer. What with family commitments & no classes nearby I haven't had chance to play until recently.

My 1st page was inspired by a fabulous project by Kate from The Kathryn Wheel.

1st art journal page


I know it's probably at bit OTT (with the white pen & the spider but it's difficult to stop!) & I got carried away with the mushroom wash which has the children & hubby!! in fits of giggles everytime I mention it.... rofl!

I have 2 more fabulous ladies to Thank. :)

I needed to keep busy last weekend as many will be aware & keep my mind occupied. So, last Friday afternoon I rang the Craft Den & told Lynne what colour of paint Dabbers I was looking for & NEEDED right, right now!! & hey presto Royal Mail delivered them Saturday morning..... does a little dance with strange looks from the children. :-D

Thank You Lynne for such quick service.XXX

I also have a special Thank You to Wipso from Sisters Crafty Creations for inspiration found! XXX

Oooh I'd better let you know the gorgeous little girl is from Lisa's Altered Art.

Thank you for looking.xx I'd love to know what you think if you have the time. Love Gez.xx

17 comments:

  1. Gez this is brilliant your first page no one would know if you hadn't said. You've really got a feel for art journaling, it's great.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super Gez - you're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser! This is great Gez! It's quirky AND it tells a story (I'm into storytelling!)
    I'm afraid I have to warn you - there's no going back now - you'll find this art journaling addictive!
    BUT SO REWARDING! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks great, I am seeing alot of this journaling art not sure what it is but the pages I have seen are wonderful

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what a "mushroom wash" is either Gez lol

    Your journalling is wonderful and must strike a cord with most modern women. (It does with me!) Love how you have written your different roles on the bunting at the top of the page.

    I don't think the white pen and spider are OTT - it is your journal and you stop when you want too. x

    More of the same please. x x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous journal page, looks as though you are an expert at it. I love the spider, and the background colours are lovely. Well done, and I agree with other comments, now you've started, there's no stopping. Have a good day. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Gez, I love this. What a fab first page. It is fabulous. Love the washed out words in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gez. I just love it. Really not sure how I've inspired you but love the results :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, can't believe it's your first. looks like you have always done it. Great result. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been brave enough to start a journal like this...this is just gorgeous!! very inspiring! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is an amazing page Gez!!!! I love the spider too and can't wait to see more pages! HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow hun this is one amazing page,just love it cant wait too see whats next hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is a great page and I see lots of other people think so too - you should feel really encouraged by that :-) I don't think the mushroom wash is overdone at all. The page tells a story and it's fun and whimsical. Well done! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your kind comments, glad your parcel arrived safely and quickly. What a great journal page you have created with your new goodies. Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous page Gez. I dont know how far away from us at Skipton you are but we are starting a monthly journaling group next month. If you're interested let me know and we'll send details.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab page Gez! I love your pennant row with the competing roles written on there and your witchy girl is adorable! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well for your first page Gez it's amazing... can't wait for more. It's totally addictive isn't it.
    I just love seeing other peoples journal pages they are so inspirational.
    Well done you :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx