Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Fairy Doors workshop!

Last year I booked myself onto a workshop for March as I knew it would book up quick & it did! & I needed something for me! to look forward to with everything thats happening around me.

I was a bit nervous going out on my own! Everyone was really friendly & I was made to feel welcome straight away. All the ladies were lovely & Lindsay Mason our teacher was just fab!

Lindsay had brought lots of different fairy door samples with her & let us choose what style of door we wanted to make ourselves. Everyone had their own ideas & it was lovely that Lindsay had brought lots & lots of crafty supplies for us to play with! & her wonderful husband David was a star! I think he should have got to make his own door actually. I don't think I ever saw him sit down once! Nothing was too much trouble. :)

This is my sneak peak from yesterday!



click to enlarge

Thank You for all the lovely comments.xx I had a lovely evening reading through them. I have one or two questions to answer so I will pop over with them soon. :)

I hope I don't dissappoint anyone now with my fairy door. It's not been easy getting a photo that I like! perhaps, I'm just too fussy! The children just roll their eyes at me these days!!

Hehe! here is my Fairy Door!

I had lots of fun adding to my door once I got home. I know Lindsay has blogged lots of photos from the workshop on her blog here if you look carefully you might be able to spot my door! It was lovely to see so many different Fairy Doors created.

my fairy door :)



click to enlarge

Ooooh it's decision time now! where oh where is my fairy door going to live! Mmmm....... watch this space!!

Thank You Lindsay & David for a wonderful afternoon.
Love Gez.XXX



~♥♥♥~

23 comments:

  1. Love this door especially the cracked wood effect on the actual door ...I wonder where the portal to fairy land will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gez this is beautiful :) and if you go again i'm coming with ya! lol

    off to check out lindsays blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! well worth the wait to see this beautiful creation Gez, you should be very proud, I know I would...
    Its so magical, lovely details and colours, you are clever...
    Well done you!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful Gez and what a lovely idea...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gez,
    This is gorgeous. It really looks like a door that leads to somewhere enchanted. You should put it on your craftroom door because a lot of magical stuff comes out of there.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gez, it looks amazing with all the little extras that you've added. Glad you had fun and David will be happy to know he was appreciated too! Thank you for the link to your blog which I will add to my blog list as soon as I remember how to do it...brain in low gear at the moment! Great to see you again and thank you so much for the gorgeous ATC that you gave to me. Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work, love the wonderful details on it. Love the addition of the cat! Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could anyone be disapointed with this??? Its just GORGEOUS!!!! I would be tempted to find a nice quiet section of skirting board for this, though you could risk a mouse coming through haha! Stunning work my lovely XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gez, that is wonderful. No wonder you had such a good time!! Hope yopu find a good place for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Gez! I made a fairy door once for a school play (very big!) but this is fabulous and sooo magical! If we knock on it, will the fairy come out?!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Gez, so much detail on it. The pixies at mine said they'd have it if you couldn't decide where to put it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm off to find Alices' potion then I can shrink down to use it......fabulously magical. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow very creative...what a beautiful fairy door. :)

    Cheers for sharing,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Gez that is fantastic. I love the mist around the door and the texture on the door itself is perfect.

    Happy Birthday to Rachel too! x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab door, love all the little details like the spiders and the misty edging - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your door is lovely Gez. So evocative, all the details are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol! Of course we're not disappointed :-) Lucky you, to have that 'you-time' - glad you enjoyed it, you deserved it x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW this is really pretty, i want to make one now!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gez this is fabulous I love it! How could we be disappointed?? I want to make one now! Glad you enjoyed yourself, you deserve some 'me' time. Love and hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous - glad you enjoyed the day (sorry if I've already said this - can't remember if I commented when I visited before) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Gez,lovin the hinges and keyhole,great all round project! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! Gez this is stunning! I love this one, you are so creative and super talented. TFS!
    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx