Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 21 March 2010

Special card

I can't thank everyone enough for their very special comments & emails of support I received this week when I blogged the memory box I made for my family to use in memory of my mum. It has been touching & heart warming knowing I have lots of caring supportive blogging friends around me who understand. Thank You.xx

With this in mind I have decided to share with you on my blog a grave card I have made for this weekend. I wanted to make something that will withstand the outside elements & decided I needed to make something which could be laminated.

I have used a piece of patterned paper with a floral border and because we are still without a printer at the moment I have written my message by hand. I left space at the bottom so the children could add their own words & then fed it to the laminator!...


I've added a single rose afterwards & coated it in glossy accents & think it'll be alright for a while outside.


This is a photograph I've also laminated. Our last photograph together while my mum was well. (I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with Tom!)

Thank you for looking. Gez.xx

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful... Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Gez. Been thinking of my mum a lot more just lately. Took her some flowers on Mothers Day, but don't really feel anything when I go to her plaque, She's not there. I think I am going to do a little memorial to her in my own garden. Sending you Hugs. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. x x x x x Lots of kisses and hugs for you Gez and the family x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a very special person my lovely, so much love and many hugs for you XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful Gez your Mum would be so proud of you all and was and still is very loved.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh sweetie this is so beautiful such a wonderful sentiment so meaning ful too,and the picture is lovely too,your mum would have been so proud of you hun and sure she is looking down on you now saying how much she loves you hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to do Gez - your Mum will love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea ...what heart felt words xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely Gez, its beautiful to be able to leave such a creative momento behind x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say.........
    Sending you a big hug!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gez...I really feel for you , I can't imagine my life without my Mom ,even though I know I could and should do a lot more with her. Especially as we have had first experience with MIL passing away recently, I still can't believe she's gone....and it really upset's me to think about it...

    Your Mom would be so very proud of you, and all I imagine she want's you to do is live your life to the full,and take precious care of all your nearest and dearest.
    You hang in there...your such a wonderful person...
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful and touching Gez, thanks for sharing xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is very touching Gez,I'm sure your mom is very proud of you. What a great idea, you did a fabulous job on these. Thanks for sharing. Sending you {{{BIGS HUGS}}}.
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing something so special - thinking of you lots x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx