Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Something Completely Different

Yesterday, see's the start of a very special month for Something Completely DIfferent ..... we are celebrating our 1st birthday! Gosh, that soon came round!

Hard to believe it's a year ago since Carol asked me if I would like to join the Design Team. I was still fairly new to paper crafting & couldn't see for the life in me why I should be asked....

My creative side has grown so much over the last 12 months & I can't thank Carol enough for believing in me from the start. :D & for giving me the chance of joining her on this creative journey. It has been fun...

This month see's our creative journey returning to twinchies (2"x2") from where we first started!

We are very lucky to have Guest Designers joining us each week this month & lots of yummy blog candy on offer....

Our 1st theme is .............

.....butterflies


Gosh, there's a lot going on in my head at the moment! but let me tell you about my twinchie! This week I paid my first visit to nursery school with my youngest who has been offered at place in September.... goodness, I had forgotten how tiny the little chairs are for sitting on!

We both had a wonderful morning & we both agree, fingers crossed my little guy will be very happy there when he starts in the Autumn.

So.... on my twinchie is another little man, stood in the doorway to his house, about to leave. The house is slightly sideways like a rocket about to take off........ just like my own little man.

Hope my twinchie isn't too deep... I had great fun making it & just love orange colour at the moment.

Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

It would be lovely if you got the chance to join us this month. I am really sorry for my lack of blog hopping & comment leaving at the moment.

Thank You for your support too.xx

Oooh, just think in September when nursery starts.... I'm going to be lost & you'll all be sick of my calling then.... lost & alone! hehe.... (I really will be lost... trying not to think about it!)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Lots of love, Gez.xx

13 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Gez, how do you think things up! Love it!

    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gez,
    Your not the only one hun...I have been neglecting visiting for a week or so, I don't know about you but it makes me feel really guilty...
    I have just read a few of your posts I missed and really hope things work out for your Daughter, it would be a wonderful oppotunity.
    And I am sure you will find plenty to do once your little boy start's nursery...
    Love your twinchie, all the elements work so well and the colours are fab

    Great creation Gez
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Gez another gorgeous creation !! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Might try and play along myself.....
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gez
    very artistic love it and incorperating the dictionary is a great idea.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your twinchie is great - love the dictionary extract. I've never made any twinchies (well, not so far anyway!).

    Exciting times ahead for your little boy, I'm sure he'll be fine. Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. really, really lovely twinchie Gez. I love the message, it makes it so personal. I will try to join in this week,a twinchie looks do-able in the busy week, LOL! K x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is sooooooooooooooo beautiful! love all the wings, stunning work hunny!

    have a great weekend, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe this is such poignant work my lovely. Its a beautiful twinchie. Hard to believe it was a year ago isn't it?

    You take care and I wish you so much luck with the passport and have everything crossed XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow gez hun this really is one stuning inchie the layout detail all just brilliant,so wish you luck with the passport hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great twinchie Gez and lovely story behind the inspiration for it! I know you'll miss the little 'un when he's out at nursery but just think how much he'll have to tell you when he gets home each day and how much more freedom you'll have to organise your time too - I think it will do you both the world of good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous! Love the fab collage look and the gorgeous colours you have used! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx