Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Anything Goes...

Time for challenge 3 over at Anything Goes & this weeks theme is......

Buttons and Bows in Monochrome


click to enlarge

I've been having so much fun this week playing with some packaging that I got for my birthday!

I cut some cardboard into an arch shape & randomly removed the top layer of paper. Then I covered the card in a couple of layers of Gesso. I stamped & embossed my image onto some more card & decorated my arch with hand-made flowers & beads & a heart shape button from my craft box.

a close up!


click to enlarge

I've made this hanger for my DD as she prepares for her trip of a lifetime to China. I just love the sentiment & I was inspired by a beautiful hanger I received for my birthday from Pat. :)

Thanks for looking. Gez.xx

20 comments:

  1. This is sooo clever and really pretty, love it!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the colours and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gez this is truly gorgeous !!! I love what you have created !! I love the colours and those flowers and leaves just finish it off PERFECTLY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Gez, those blues are beautiful together and I love all the details... especially that sweet little bird. What a beauty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours..love the ribbons tied all around the wire. It certainly is a dream come true having the opportunity to go to China...it's really a Wow...hope she has a wonderful time.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gez,
    You make the most beautiful things from the most unlikely materials. This is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Gez!! Just love it the colours are just gorgeous and love all the detail such a perfect piece of art!! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is just utterly stunning!!! I love the soft colours, and so many gorgeous details....love all the sparkle too! what a fab creation!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous piece Gez, I bet DD loves it and will treasure it as she gears up for her trip! Lots of lovely detail to enjoy here, glad you had fun making it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just played catch up on your blog honey, all looks fab and bright and crafty, just what i needed to see :)

    hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Gez - your clever woman with those handmade flowers and the colour is fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh gez hun this is just stunning gosh hun the detail such a beautiful created,piece love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Gex I love it the colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous is that Gez??? Beautiful...xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything about your tag is Gorgeous, colours, flowers... so much detail very pretty. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. So pretty and I love the colours and textures!
    LOVE IT!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an absolutely beautiful piece Gex...you are a lovely Mum XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful Gez, bet your daughter will treasure it always x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Gez this is gorgeous, I love it! I'm so glad you like your stamp. Lucky DD is all I can say! Hope she enjoys China too! S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so pretty love it x sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx