Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 10 July 2010

China Study Trip ~ Day 6

It's just after midnight here in England & I'm clock watching again! My daughter had to be up at 6am China time (which was an hour ago our time!) for an early start to a very busy & exciting day! One Rachel will remember for the rest of her life because....

Todays the day!!!!

My DD was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to today! & to top it all 2 of her best friends on the trip are celebrating their 16th Birthdays today! ..... now that's not something none of them are ever likely to forget!

A visit to the Great Wall.....





click to enlarge photos

Traditionally known to the Chinese as the "Long Wall of Ten Thousand Li", the stretch of formidable defensive structures built to ward off invasion of the Celestial Empire by barbarians.

The history of these extraordinary fortifications goes back to the Chunqiu period (722-481 B.C.)

Rachel has a real passion for astronomy, mountains & geology so can you imagine how much today's trip will mean to her! I hope it's not too busy, not too hot & she has lots of bottled water in her bag & of course.... THE CAMERA!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Thank you for your support this week.xx

I can't sleep because when I try I keep thinking about what my daughter is doing! Think I need that mallet Bubblies!!

Sunday is a free day for the students on the China Study Trip & probably the most testing day for some! erm, learning to use the uni washing machine! only joking RaeRae ;o)

Thanks for calling. Enjoy your day.xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Some friends of ours have been the The Wall - they said it was just amazing. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope rachel had a great day,and remembered her camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be one memorable day for them - wow! Do we get pictures of the washing machine tomorrow? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea Joanne. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gez,
    I'm really enjoying this trip - feels as though I'm there. You would make a fab tour guide Lol.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, another amazing day for them. I know someone who has walked along a bit of the Great Wall and it was the most incredible experience of her life. Rachel is one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Rachel has a fabulous day. My mum & dad went to china and they loved the wall although it was quite testing for them in their 70s! I think it may be more manageable at 16.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous. Who am I kidding hahahaha!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for them all - and you too! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Karen, wow and am I envious. Having just read someone in their 70s did it I may still have a chance.
    Have a great weekend.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks breathtaking. Great photo's. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx