Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Compendium of Curiosities, Week 5

A new challenge for me! I have no idea what led me over to Studio L3 to Linda's blog but I'm so glad I did!

Linda has had the fantastic idea of setting challenges in conjunction with the fabulous new book A Compendium of Curiosities by Tim Holtz.

This week is week 5 & Linda's challenge is to use Distress Embossing powders & to find out which camp we are in!!!
I can definately say I am in the......... LOVE them camp!

I had my first play today! & will definately be using them again. I used Aged Mahogany on my cherub for an old rusty look like he's been out in the rain forever & also on the staples so they look rusted as well! BRILLIANT! well I think so! Do you love or hate Distress Embossing powders that is the question??

My tag.....


Why not pop over to Studio L3 & join in the fun!
Thanks for calling & leaving me a comment if you get the chance. Gez.xx

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a gorgeous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Gez, the cherub looks so good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag...do I see a hint of cherry blossom? :)
    I like the matt effect of DE's...not really a shiney girl!!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gez !!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is STUNNING !!! I didnt know you could get distress embossing powders !!! I must look into that. I have just invested in the TH edge distresser !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, love the composition and use of the distress embossing powders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gez, I'm so happy you found the Challenge blog, and thrilled that I get to see your fabulous art!

    You've created a very sweet little masterpiece here! Your Distress Powder technique is wonderful-- it almost looks like the image is flocked (how cool is that?!), and what a smart idea, using it as a faux rust on the staples. Great layout, gorgeous colors-- WOW!

    Bravo! I hope you'll be back next week for Challenge 6. :-)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag Gez I love the colours and the little image sounds like a great challenge.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Gez! I love how you've put it all together with the matching lace xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I've always had a soft spot for cherubs/angels.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooo I love how you have done this sweetie!!!! Great idea for the staples!!!! Hugs from one proud Mummy to another XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous Gez.

    I like the DEP over a different colour ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a delightful tag and love the distress embossing powders. K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love your choice of color for the EP, with that stamp, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just gorgeous hunny, well done hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag Gez :-) Can't really say how I feel about them, have got 3 but used only about twice, though I love the effect they.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work Gez. I haven't tried Distress embossing powder so can't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow gez hun this is brilliant,love it great coulrs you have used,too perfect hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gez, this is beautiful, what wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag! Absolutely beautiful colors and images! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love distress emboss and LOVE your piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx