Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 23 July 2010

Compendium of Curiosities ~ Week 6

Sorry, I'm a bit late joining this week! Having no computer isn't helping. :(

I really love Linda's weekly challenges & if you want to find out more, why not pop over & say Hi.....

This week Linda's challenge is to use Tim's Multi-Medium Collage technique, to be found on page 66 of his fabulous new book... I'm sure you know the one!

Here is my entry......



click to enlarge

OOoooh, this was soooooo much FUN! & have a lovely blue hands to prove it!!

I covered a chipboard birdie with musical paper as he is a song bird but being trapped where he is at the moment, isn't going to make him stop singing...... rings a bell!! see how he's built his nest on hopes & dreams.... well, it doesn't do any harm, does it?

I also used the technique from last weeks challenge & coloured my birdcage with the Distress Embossing powders.

Thanks for taking a peep & thank you ever so much if you get chance to leave me a comment.

Have a great weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

16 comments:

  1. I love that bird and cage and what you have done with them. Great idea for mounting them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rusty birdcage is amazing! I love how your bird is nesting on his dreams and hopes. I really love this die and seeing how everyone uses it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo absolutely stunning my lovely XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sherry it is amazing and love the explanation.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. Bet you're counting down the hours now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gez, I love both your gorgeous Multi-Medium masterpiece *and* your wonderful story of how it came together! "He built his nest on Dreams and Hopes!" That's awesome!!!

    You did a magnificent job embellishing his cage, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of that birdcage and love the incredible work you did with it. Your story is pretty good also! Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rusty cage and his nesting material - hope he gets to fulfil his dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The background color really makes it fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wanted to join in with this challenge but I don't have the book.. Your daughter will be home by now...bet you are over the moon to have her back...have a great weekend catching up!! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great Gez. Love the finish on the bird cage. Have a good weekend. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just perfect for this challenge, Gez - super crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great take on the challenge Gez, love how you have done the bird cage and your explanation is just perfect.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend having your daughter home again.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are amazing...

    many many hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx