Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 17 July 2010

Day 13 ~ China Study Trip

Just a quick!!! blog update on my daughter's trip of a lifetime to China.... see my ticker! (above) .... can't wait to have my babes home now. Three weeks with NO contact is a bit much me thinks!

I know my DD has had a couple of intense days & takes a final test next Wednesday.

GOOD LUCK my Darling.xx

Today, DD is off on a full days excursion to the Summer Palace.....


















Wow!

The Summer Palace or Yihe Yuan literally translates "Gardens of Nurtured Harmony" is a palace in Beijing. The Summer Palace is mainly dominated by Longevity Hill and the Kunming Lake which were entirely man made.

The excavated soil was used to build Longevity Hill. In the Summer Palace, there is a variety of palaces, gardens, and other classical-style architectural structures.

The Summer Palace started out life as the Garden of Clear Ripples in 1750 (Reign Year 15 of Emperor Qianlong.) & is on the World Heritage List.

It was declared a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design. The natural landscape of hills and open water is combined with artificial features such as pavilions, halls, palaces, temples and bridges to form a harmonious ensemble of outstanding aesthetic value.

Doesn't it look pretty & a wonderful place to spend a relaxing day.

DD has had a very busy week (I'm sure I couldn't keep the pace!) so she so deserves a lovely sunny day at the Summer Palace. Hoping she's not got fed up of taking photographs!

Thank You for sharing this lovely journey with me. Big hugs, Gez.xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow its flown by!

    Good luck for the test Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh 3 weeks already...not long now though Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gez,
    This trip has been an education. You should get a job as a tour guide Lol. The time is flying in. Thanks for letting us join the fun.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a credit to you that she hasn't needed to ring home. She is obviously a very independant and able young lady. Take it as a compliment. I'm certain she will have a lot to share with you on her return.
    Hugs,
    A x
    ps Thanks for your very special comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness she is going to be totally cultered out when she gets back...Lucky girl...have a great weekend and thanks for my birthday wishes honey...Kirsti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks beautiful, hope they are able to relax and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that all looks so beautiful Gez. Don't they use lots of colour in their architecture? Would love to go there!!!

    HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just *beautiful* :-) I love the perspective on the corridor shot! Not long to wait now hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful place. thats a pretty big lake to say it was man made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a beautiful place I bet you are really happy that Rachel has had this wonderful experience after all the trials and tribulations before she went. I can't believe it is nearly 3 weeks.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a beautiful place I bet you are really happy that Rachel has had this wonderful experience after all the trials and tribulations before she went. I can't believe it is nearly 3 weeks.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos Gez - what a glorious blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx