Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 5 July 2010

Day 1

click to enlarge ~ doesn't it look nice.

I've no crafting to show you yet this week. Now there's a surprise! I can't even tell you I've heard from my daughter but I do know her plane has landed safely in Beijing.

For the next 3 weeks my daughter is part of a study trip learning Mandarin Chinese for the next 3 weeks. DD has the new family camera with her as the old one is now only working when it feels like it!


I've still not had much sleep as DD's plane was showing as delayed last night on the flight tracker but I know once I've heard from her I will feel happier!

It's midday here & early evening over there so I might hear something soon. Altho, I stressed to DD once I know she's got there not to think she needs to get in touch as she will be home all in good time.

DD's interary included a trip to the Water Cube after an opening ceremony at the University, a test, a tour of the campus & her first 3 lessons!

Water Cube

click to enlarge

The Beijing National Aquatics Center, also known as the National Aquatics Center & nicknamed the Water Cube is an aquatics center that was built alongside the Beijing National Stadium in the Olympic Green for the swimming competitions of the 2008 Summer Olympics.

After the Olympics, the building underwent a 200 million Yuan revamp to turn the inside into a water park.

The photograph & info is taken from Wikipedia click HERE to learn more...

Thanks for looking. Have a lovely Monday. Gez.xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow what am amazing building, I am sure your daughter will be in touch soon don't worry she will be fine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to have the most amazing time. I hope you hear soon so you can feel calmer Gez ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what an experience she will have and how relieved mom will be when she is home again :) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so lucky getting to visit Beijing, although it will be a lot of hard work too.
    Hopefully you'll have heard from her now, but at least you know the plane has landed.
    Love n hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you hear from Rachel soon, Gez. That water cube looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be the most amazing experience for her, Gez - she'll be buzzing about it all for years after she gets home.

    Looking forward to hearing how she's getting on out there

    ReplyDelete
  7. The venue looks fab, hope she gets the opportunity to check in with you soon so you can relax, knowing she's safely settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is going to have such a great experience, one she'll remember for a lifetime. The picture on your tracker looks such a tranquil place, and the building looks amazing. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing experience she's going to have, fantastic opportunity for her, and what a difficult language to learn, good luck to her, Im impressed. The place looks fantastic and I;m sure she'll take plenty of pics for you to scrap.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow hun this is one amazing building I am sure she will be in touch,soon,hun try not too worry love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have heard from Rachel by now so as you can have a good nights sleep. Your pics look amazing she will have the time of her life and a fantastic experience. Are they staying in student accomodation at the uni?
    Feel free to e-mail me at anytime.
    It's wonderful because we are all enjoying the experience with you.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You for everyone's lovely comments today & for keeping me company today.... still waiting to hear from my bestest friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx