Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Anything Goes.. & GPP Street Team Crusade 43..

See I said I had an art journal page to show you as well! If you visited my blog earlier today & saw my last post you will see I've been playing around with newspaper backgrounds. This one you can read!

Here is my art journal page I have entered for this weeks challenge over at Anything Goes. This weeks theme is to use 3 layers...

I am also linking my art journal page to GPP Street Team Crusade No. 43. Text Messaging... inspiration found! Thank You Michelle..xx

..food glorious food...


I worked in my Moleskine journal & painted the background (layer 1) then cut my text & pieced it together to form the background (layer 2) another coat on paint & a few embellishments (layer 3) or is that 4 sshh!

I had soooo much fun making this page. Thanks for calling & a Big thank you if you get chance to leave a comment. Gez.xx


22 comments:

  1. I think it's fabulous and its al come together so well!
    Love the hearts Did you cut up an old cooking book!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal page, love it. It's very therapeutic painting, sticking and generally messing about, sorry I meant being artistic, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab journal page Gez, it's very striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fantastic !!! You are so clever !!! You come up with the most fantastic ideas !! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gez,
    Beautifully crafted. Your journling is amazing, I wouldn't know where to start.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the subtle colour on this one Gez and the layers are great. The doodling is one I haven't seen before I must give that a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page Gez, love it. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely page! I love the hearts and the doodles around the outside especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh very yummy! Great colours and the hearts look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gez - thanks for coming to play on our street. Love the color over your text layout - very pretty. And that border? Super fun! Your words are making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! The colour is splendid and so is the little girl! My girl at home is a vegetarian too and I'm sure she would love your page too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you can see "through" the background with the hearts. The layered effect is wonderful! It's good to know "pasties" means different things in different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely page, the background colour is great. I was already thinking about diner, but now I need to go cook - the word 'pastie' really got to me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's wonderful, Gez. The text works so well as your background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great!! I like the images over the text...great composition!
    I was late getting mine done.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun page with the food words and focal image to go with it. Thanks for sharing!

    Take care and cruise on girl!

    /fellow crusader

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great piece of work, Gez - love those hearts and the little girl is fab. Great idea to use food themed typography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layers and I love your food theme, cool !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that it's all about food!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks super, but now I am ready to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this one...and yes I love food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx