Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Oriental Atc.. GPP Street Team Crusade 43

Whilst blog hopping over the weekend & trying (thanks Mr Blogger!) to leave comments. I came across the Jabberwocky blog owned by Sue Roddis.

I love Sue's book & it lives on my bedside cabinet! I was delighted to find her blog over the weekend & was intrigued to have a go at cutting words from newspapers to make unique backgrounds & made an Atc.,



I am wondering if it looks a little too messy! or perhaps it doesn't work because I don't understand the wording.. I stamped an image onto acetate as I didn't want to cover too much.

This was so much fun to try! There is a fantastic challenge running on GPP Street Team. I don't feel this atc is good enough to enter but wanted to share the technique with you.. I have an art journal page coming up soon!

Thanks for calling. Gez.xx

** edited to say Thank You for your encouragement & I have now entered my Atc for the GPP Street Team challenge.

21 comments:

  1. I think it works Gez. Yes I don't know what the wording says either (haha) but you can still see the image and the other elements on the ATC.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gez. Love what you've done with this card. Am chuckling a little cos I just thought that maybe you have written something very rude on your card and not known it :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it works and looks great I don't know why you think it is not good enough. Why don't you enter it in "Fun with ATCs" which you can find on my blog, at the moment the challenge is Asian and this would be perfect.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gez thanks for the link to this fantastic blog GPP Street Team, I love it, some great ideas there for journaling.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gez,
    This is fantastic. It doesn't ook too busy at all. The wording of course could mean anything - I do hope it's suitable Lol. Amazing creation.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous...brilliant mix of images and I LOVE the colours! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you had fun then by definiton it worked! I think it looks fab, great idea to use the acetate over the top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Gez, I think it works well xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is not messy imho, i think it looks lovely and superduper layered. I love the coolness of the colours too, pretty work !

    The Hardanger is in fact ..... a piece of plactic tablecloth !!! It looks totally "real" tho and only if you get close to it, it reveals its secret ><

    Got a nice site for you btw : http://www.cozy-mystery.com/, hf !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little ATC - I get lots of oriental comments on my blog - shall I send them over to you to translate - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great enough to enter into anything, lovely technique. I love the overlay with the hearts as well. perhaps it's just an advert for a sale at Tesco's!

    Hmm 'A' perhaps you are close enough to visit Ms. Bibby's shop when the fancy takes you then? LOL! K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe.. bob on Kathryn ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it great what ever it says and it works for me. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gez - very cool to use the Asian text. My library hosts sales to raise money and I always scopp up the Asian text books. Who know what it says! The acetate overlay is a clever addition. Thanks for playing again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If it weren't for you, I would never have found Michele's site. I had a look around and may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It works :-) I don't think to use acetate very often, but should do - yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ATC you made, love your stamps on acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool words ;-) and a beautiful ATC, well done !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely ATC, I think not knowing the words is OK. It is then just background and not an overt message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx