Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 6 February 2011

Art Journal page..

I am sorry I haven't been around much this last week.. I've been suffering from a chest infection.. boy, did it wipe me out! I am happy to say I am coming out the other side of it now.. & feel like crafting again!

I have been so busy this weekend as both of my little boys celebrate their birthdays just one day apart.. worn out last night but just needing to 'do' a little something before bed.. I made this page..

I have had so much fun playing with my new DT stamps from Stampotique Originals.. the stamps are so wonderfully, deeply etched they are a real pleasure to work with.. it was nice to let my muse just play for a while & take it's own path.. & while I hop from cutesy to grungey I worry if my creations will be okay for the challenges ahead.. My daughter & bestest friend told me like it is... & I used her words as an affirmation on my page....



The stamps I used from Stampotique Originals are...

6050 Relaxin'
6119 Hanging Hearts
6090 Picket Fence
6112 Tree
6117 Birds and Bug Cube
3028 Swirl Stalks

Lots of inking & stamping & getting messy before bed! ... I've got some words at the front of my little moleskine journal that I started at the begining of the year & they are so true...

How very true!... don't you just love Two Sticks

I felt so much more relaxed & ready to settle down for the night. :)

Thanks for calling & leaving a comment if you get the chance.. 

Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Gez

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better Gez - so many horrible bugs around. Your journal is looking good and I love what you are doing with your Stampotique stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have not been well but glad you are feeling better now.
    Just absolutely love your journal page with all the Stampotique stamps awesome.
    What a wonderful beginning to a journal with that lovely sentiment.
    Happy Birthday to the boys.
    Will probably send you an e-mail later when I have been to Sainsburys, delightful!
    love Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better already :) Love the way you used the hearts as a banner between the tree and the parasol...fabby...xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better Gez...hate having a chest infection...we have had bugs here as well which is unusual as my lot are usually fairly resistant...

    Loving your Stampotique creation..

    Take care and enjoy the rest the rest of Sunday...

    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!!!! Loving the cover of your journal...adore thi pink and the sentiment is so true!!!....also your page is fab, again I love the sentiment, and all the little hearts...

    I have finally baught a little book and some gesso..to start art journaling in earnest...I have started on the 365 day thing...looking forward to doing a journal to....thanks for all your inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad youre feeling much better now. I had the dreaded bug all over Christmas so you have my full sympathy.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love what you have done with those Stampotique stamps. Fab idea to hand the hearts from the tree and umbrella. Truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific, love it all. Glad you are feeling better. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww so so sorry to hear you were not well Gezzzzzzzz !!!!! that is rubbish for you but delighted to read that you are on the mend !!! WOW love your page it totally ROCKS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is just gorgoues hun adore what you have done,so glad you are feeling better too,hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic journal page ,love the background and that the stamps are not colored so the bg shows through ..and the white dots on the edge really add some brightness to the edge of the paper :) great work Gez :) Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful journal pages, glad to see you crafting some more and enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hiya Gez, love your journal pages and I am in awe of your painting on inside front cover ... x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're feeling better Gez!
    Love this one - cute little bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx