Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 21 February 2011

Just for fun challenge...

I've made a little gift box for my DD & hoped to link it to the fabulous new challenge blog Just for fun.. not realising their theme is changing weekly! d'oh.. do pop over tho if you get the chance.. they have a fab challenge for you!

gift box..
click to enlarge

I had so much fun decorating this little heart shaped gift box..

I covered the box with a piece of white dotty Bazzil cardstock & handstitched around the outside edge.

Then I stamped the cardstock with Daniel's Hearts using Fired Brick Distress Ink.
I stamped & embossed Moon Girl onto plain cardstock & cut around the image.. coloured her wings & cheeks with Fired Brick Distress Ink..

Then I painted 2 hearts with white crackle paint (didn't have any red!) & inked it with Fired Brick Distress Ink..

I also inked the wooden letters with Fired Brick Distress Ink to help tie everything in together..

Thank you for calling by & leaving a comment if you get the chance.. Gez



20 comments:

  1. Hi Gez,
    I love this box. You have made a gorgeous job of this. I love the scrabble pieces and the image. fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely Gez. beautiful colors , textures , especially the crackle hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box with the scrabble tiles and crackle hearts. Crackle paints create such a gorgeous texture. It's so easy to miss deadlines of all the challenges. The great thing is the inspiration we get from them. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning piece! Love the little fairy sitting on her lovebox and I the crackled hearts are a fab detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely box and a super gift for your daughter, love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will love this - how could anyone not! What a fabulous job you have made of covering the box and the elements used to decorate are just perfect. Fits the challenge beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely heart. It's great, Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so pretty and a clever combination of all element. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely box, very neat hand stitching and great stamping. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have got the touch! and make it all look so effortless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the crackle hearts but the scrabble tiles are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little box Gez, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Gez and I love the crackle hearts and clever you to recolour them using good old Distress Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous box DD will love it so girly and cute. Love the scrabble letters and crackle hearts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Gez I love it.
    So darling heart piece. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He looks adorable and it's time well spent with the little ones they remember these moments

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Gez, so stylish xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! this is gorgeous! I esp love the crackly hearts!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet, Gez - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx